columns values in dataset

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 1262 Views - Last Post: 06 April 2007 - 02:10 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

NEED TO SORT DATA AND BE ABLE TO PULL UNIQUE IDs

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:10 PM

Hey guys,

This is my first time here. I'm not sure how this works but here goes... I have a client who needs to pull data from a database and export to word to print. Sounds easy? Well the woman does not have set columns instead it looks like this:

123 Fake Street ----------------------Ben Franklin-----------------------Jan and Bob Smith
77057----------------------$1,230,000 (234D)----------------any additonal information

The dashes represent spaces. The two rows in the field are purposedly off.

Well my thinking is since I have to keep it so disorganized I need to pull each field out of the database using an ID or something. Once I have done that I will plug in the field into the <td> tag. Well it sounds tedious but doable. Well on second look I come to find she has it in alphabetical order with the street name ascending. So I think well maybe I can run a For loop and stick the order of the IDs into an array then pull the records by the numbers stored in the array. Well that hasn't work for me so i researched more and decided my best bet is to store the data in a dataset and call the tablecolumncollection. I do not know how the syntax works for this type of thing, I have tried a datatable foreach datarow type loop but it didn't work. Does anybody have any help? Thanks in advance...

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS THE SHORT AND SWEET: I NEED TO PULL EACH INDIVIDUAL FIELD IN A ROW ORDERED BY THE COLUMN STREET NAME. I NEED TO STORE THOSE FIELDS(DATA) IN INDIVIDUAL VARIABLES THAT I CAN PLUG INTO INNERHTML TYPE CODE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

This post has been edited by buliwyf: 06 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1