1 Replies - 859 Views - Last Post: 21 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

#1 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

[link] Turning Small Projects Into Big Profit, A Case Study

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

http://www.smashingm...fit-case-study/

A well documented case study on how a small group can streamline their webcontent creation to reduce the time and effort barrier and capture small websites often over passed. I dig how well this was written out and the though process that went into it. I can easily see a lone freelancer setting something like this up to reduce time and maintenence but increase profit!

We began questioning our business practices. We knew that there was money to be made on smaller projects, but it wasn’t until we sat down and did some simple math that we realized the business opportunity we had been missing.

Here’s the simple premise on which we began to transform our business: if you turn away 10 to 15 small projects a year at $1500 per project, that’s declining between $15,000 and $22,500 every year.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: [link] Turning Small Projects Into Big Profit, A Case Study

• >>──(Knee)──►
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [link] Turning Small Projects Into Big Profit, A Case Study

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Great read, thanks for linking us to it.

While I don't work for a software development company - I write software that my employer uses - I can definitely see myself benefiting from some of the techniques discussed in that article; specifically the organising of work-flows. This whole commercial world is all quite new to me! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1