2 Replies - 9050 Views - Last Post: 23 February 2012 - 02:16 PM Rate Topic: -----

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Your current CF project?

Post icon  Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

This morning I was asked to embark on a project to make our existing rewards mall sites mobile browser compliant while completing an existing admin module to confirm W9 submissions with the IRS for data veracity.

This prompted me to wonder: what is everyone else doing with CF today? What's your current CF-based project and what new challenges is your project presenting you?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Your current CF project?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Your current CF project?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Besides projects the I get paid to do (and can't say anything about right now) I haven't been doing much ColdFusion lately. I did some Node.js work recently and am working on a personal Ruby project right now. Since I don't have any ColdFusion stuff going on, I will talk about my Ruby project.

I'm building a website that let's people in third world countries write their stories. It's called the Stories Project and my goal with it is to first enable people in poor countries to tell their stories and empower themselves, but also to open the eyes of the first world to what's going on. I have been doing missions work to Uganda for the past three years and the stories that I have heard would surprise anyone. The trickiest part of the project is making it work and look good anywhere, from IE 6 to the Android mobile browser.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Your current CF project?

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

View Postdavejlong, on 26 January 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Besides projects the I get paid to do (and can't say anything about right now) I haven't been doing much ColdFusion lately. I did some Node.js work recently and am working on a personal Ruby project right now. Since I don't have any ColdFusion stuff going on, I will talk about my Ruby project.

I'm building a website that let's people in third world countries write their stories. It's called the Stories Project and my goal with it is to first enable people in poor countries to tell their stories and empower themselves, but also to open the eyes of the first world to what's going on. I have been doing missions work to Uganda for the past three years and the stories that I have heard would surprise anyone. The trickiest part of the project is making it work and look good anywhere, from IE 6 to the Android mobile browser.

I'm just going to be a troll and say 'coolstorybro'

(great idea though)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1