2 Replies - 431 Views - Last Post: 23 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Working in U.S.?

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

I was talking about this with my friends today,how hard is for a foreign work as a programmer in U.S.?And how is the salary in U.S.?I've searched a bit and I saw that this is about $50k,but is it a good salary to live in U.S.?
Ps.:Sorry for my bad English I'm studying to improve this:D
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Working in U.S.?

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Working in U.S.?

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

Too broad a question 2pi.

how hard is for a foreign work as a programmer in U.S.?

Depends. You can apply for a green card (working living permanently in the U.S. as a foreign national) or go the H1 worker visa route. You'd need to read up on both.

And how is the salary in U.S.?I've searched a bit and I saw that this is about $50k,but is it a good salary to live in U.S.?

Salary is relative. Is $50K a good salary to live in the U.S.? That depends on where you live. If you live in rural Mississippi, yeah, it's probably okay. New York City or San Francisco, not so much. Further, the type of work you want to do, your qualifications for doing it and your experience will dictate how much you can reasonably expect to get. "Programmer" is a very broad term and while some programmers make $50K others make less and others make much more.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Working in U.S.?

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

Would be interested to here from anyone from the UK who found work over in America, as from the research I've done it seems like a very difficult thing to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1