8 Replies - 5842 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

i7 2600k intel SSD 120gb new build running extremely slow

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have just recently built a new computer and the build went pretty smooth other than a bad PCI express slot. But thats not a big deal I have two others so I just moved the graphics card to one of the other ones. At first when I set up the computer it was running fine and I was impressed with the systems performance. Then I installed all the MOBO drivers and Graphics Card drivers. Even after that everything seemed great.

I then installed my USB network wireless adapter. I was able to connect to the internet even though it was stupid slow and my mouse began to lag on the screen and performance seemed to drop significantly. I don't know how the internet can affect that actual OS. It makes sense for there to be a problem when I am online and it acting slow but that should not effect the computer lagging. I then installed Skyrim just thinking it was the internet and now the game lags a lot. But its not just the game its the entire computer lagging. The mouse being one place then jumping to the next. I need some help in trying to figure out what may be wrong.

I know its not exactly specific and it could be anything but I think with the kind of specs this computer has it should definitely be faster than my laptop and its much slower.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
- Stew

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: i7 2600k intel SSD 120gb new build running extremely slow

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: i7 2600k intel SSD 120gb new build running extremely slow

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Sounds like the network drivers may be unstable. Bad drivers can cause all sorts of troubles. If you remove the card, does the lagging stop? (Disabling it from the Device Manager should also work.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

That's the way, really. Think back to when your setup worked, which you have mentioned, and uninstall/remove all things you have added since then, one at a time, and as soon as the problems stop you'll know what caused it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostjimmyBo, on 01 January 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

That's the way, really. Think back to when your setup worked, which you have mentioned, and uninstall/remove all things you have added since then, one at a time, and as soon as the problems stop you'll know what caused it.

So obvious I didn't even think about it. But what if the network USB is the problem. Does that mean it just has a faulty driver on it? or will that kind of network USB always give me a problem?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 GunnerInc  Icon User is online

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Or just make sure to download and install the current drivers from the manufacturer after you install the "default" drivers that come with the product.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

But what if the network USB is the problem. Does that mean it just has a faulty driver on it? or will that kind of network USB always give me a problem?

The only way to see if network USBs are the problem is to check it. Are you running the correct drivers? Are they up to date? Have you checked the company's website and/or forums and/or FAQs?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostjimmyBo, on 01 January 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

But what if the network USB is the problem. Does that mean it just has a faulty driver on it? or will that kind of network USB always give me a problem?

The only way to see if network USBs are the problem is to check it. Are you running the correct drivers? Are they up to date? Have you checked the company's website and/or forums and/or FAQs?

I will check and give that a try. Hopefully this is a quick fix thanks everyone!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

It was a quick fix. Thanks again
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

View Poststewbydoo, on 02 January 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

It was a quick fix. Thanks again

Knowing you have already solved your problem I would be sure to check your windows power saving options and be sure your are not under-clocked... seen this on a few PC's with the 2600k in some cases it interfered with the GPU and caused everything to run from the processor. processor power management (PPM)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1