2 Replies - 1598 Views - Last Post: 02 January 2012 - 08:33 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to compare two word files through 3rd word file or excel file

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi
I have 2 word file's containing some words.
I want to compare these files through 3rd word file or excel file.
or-
how to edit data of word files.
Please help me.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to compare two word files through 3rd word file or excel file

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to compare two word files through 3rd word file or excel file

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:16 AM

You mean word files as in: Microsoft Office Word files?

Use the Office Primary Interop Assemblies to access the MS office files... :D

Maybe start on these tutorials:
Reading a word document using C#

How do I... Modify Word documents using C#?
Read Document Text Directly from Microsoft Word File
Quick Tutorial: How To Read Microsoft Word File in C#
Word Office Interop
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to compare two word files through 3rd word file or excel file

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

What have to you tried to code so far?
What part of what you have tried isn't working?
Are you getting error messages, or is it just not giving you the results you wanted?

(In other words, you at least have to make and show us your good faith effort to do your own coding. We are here to help you, not do it for you.)
What does this error mean?

Suggestion:
Don't replace lines of code that don't work. Instead comment them out and put your new attemps below that. This will keep you from re-trying the same ideas over and over. Also, when you come back to us saying "I've tried this 100 different ways and still can't get it", we can actually see what you tried. So often a failed attempt is very very close and just needs a little nudge in the right direction. So if we can say "See what you did in attempt 3... blah blah" it helps a lot

// Try #1 - May 1, 0900hrs
//    code
//    code  
//    code
// Try #2 - May 2, 1700hrs   Okay, plan B.  What if I do it *this* way
//    code
//    code  
//    code
// Try #14 - May 3, 0500hrs after 5 cans of RedBull.  Maybe I should get some sleep. I can't think of anything else but this last idea
    code
    code  
    code

If you are using Visual Studio you can select a block of lines and hit control+k control+c (Kode Comment) to comment it out. control+k control+u (Kode Uncomment) to uncomment a selected block.

Please take a try at coding a solution now that you have been given a direction to research. Once you have updated your code if you are still having issues please post in this thread rather than starting a new one.

A word to our newer members that may be anxious to help:
Please help this person by NOT giving them the code to do it. So much more is learned by trial and error than by someone just handing you the answer. The OP needs to put in the effort and do some trial and error just like you did in the begging if they are to grow as a developer.

We can help you by saying "First learn basic programming and the language of C#. Then take on assignments." Could someone here write this program for you? Sure. Could someone here map out all the processes you need to follow and do the Software Design part of this in the slim hope you could code it from there? Sure. But we don't volunteer to do the job that you're either getting paid for, or getting a grade for. You may want to read this.

For now, just work on the lessons. Do a self-teaching book from cover to cover. Then consider writing a program.

Don't try to create a useful working program to fit a need of yours (or a for-pay contract) as your introduction to coding project. When you are learning to code you don't know enough to code a program, let alone know how to engineer the architecture of a program. It would be like saying "I don't know how to read sheet music, or play an instrument. I think I'll write a 3 act opera as my first learning experience."

I don't say this to be mean. We've seen lots of new coders take this approach and we know it doesn't work. Trying to design your own programs before you understand the basics of the code language you've chosen just leads to problems, frustrations, and 'swiss-cheese' education (lots of holes).

Resources, references and suggestions for new programmers. - Updated Dec 2011
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1