7 Replies - 6416 Views - Last Post: 07 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

C# Challenge Plea

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I know you're all actually very busy people and you have much more to do then to create challenges or spend time on the forum all day, BUT PLEASE can someone come up with a challenge soon. I have a two very selfish reasons:

1. I'm jealous of other forums, they have already came up with at least one new challenge to open up the new thread :D
2. I'm really eager to learn and be challenged

So please find SOME time to figure out a challenge in the near future, like in a month or so. This is more of a plea than a request.

This post has been edited by RexGrammer: 03 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C# Challenge Plea

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C# Challenge Plea

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

Maybe we should just converge challenge threads so that any language is accepted.

Edit: If you submit a challenge you can look at (potentially better) submissions that are done in your particular language.

This post has been edited by blackcompe: 03 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

There is actually a new challenge procedure and sub topics area being created for each thread.

rather than converge all the challenge threads into a mishmash, there is nothing stopping a user from subscribing to each challenge thread. That way you can get an email when one is posted in any language.

I have a challenge for you in the mean time: Learn a new technology. WPF, WCF... Build a point of sale system that can read barcodes from soda cans... Come on... Anyone who can't find a new software challenge is walking through life with blinders on. Every day I hear the clerk at the insurance company or barber shop bitching about their software. So there's your challenge: Make some money by selling them something you wrote to fill a glaring need.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

rather than converge all the challenge threads into a mishmash, there is nothing stopping a user from subscribing to each challenge thread. That way you can get an email when one is posted in any language.

Makes sense.

RexGrammer: this could be the perfect motivation to learn another language. Participate in the Java or VB challenges, that is if your interested of course. If the challenge is what your after, the language really isn't important.

This post has been edited by blackcompe: 03 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

I use to do the challenges from other forums in C#. I got the practice and had fun doing it. The only downside of that is that I do not get peer review of my code and I can't see how others would solve the same problem.

Also, Project Euler is a site you might what to check out if you are interested in programming challenges.

This post has been edited by Gavisann: 03 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:58 AM

Nice, thanks all. From now on I'm learning WPF! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

RexGrammer: There nothing stop you from creating a challenge, the challenge sub-forums should (fingers crossed) work like the tutorial sections of DIC. Since they are set to Moderator Approval, this is so we (DIC) filter and move the misplaced, as well controlling the number of in flight challenges.

So if you base the style of the thread on other challenges, we'll know it a challenge and it passes muster well make it visible and award the creator.

This post has been edited by AdamSpeight2008: 04 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostGavisann, on 03 January 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Also, Project Euler is a site you might what to check out if you are interested in programming challenges.

This is awesome, and makes my head hurt. Reminds me that I really need to go back to school!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1