Now I have the following questions:
1. I am a student and I would like to know from you what ways you used when you were students to thicken your programming skills. How were you involved in real-life development like get an inter-ship or participating in some works done by real software dev companies? Also if you have been in any online works which you think was useful, and you would like to advice us, newbies,(may be a site with real online dev) which we can benefit when participating.
@ pbl, macosxnerd101, jon.kiparsky, Dogstopper, KYA, Programmist, baavgai, cfoley:(Java related)
2. Most of you guys have done a lot of Java projects and participating in many java related discussions, what unique way which you used your self to master Java? I mean when studying Java, what things you gave priorities(or ways you used- which you think were different from others) till now we are proud of you?
3. We have a version change after every time, now Java 7 and we are moving to 8... and in every new version we have some changes in API which means some old code wont be supported. What do you advice us, new programmers, to do so to reduce the negative effect of those changes to our code?
@ AdamSpeight2008, Curtis Rutland, tlhIn`toq, modi123_1, [email protected], baavgai: (.NET related)
4. You have done a lot of .net projects and being in .net industry for a time now, what specific topics or knowledge from .net advanced learning someone need after finishing his degree(or any) so he can be hired and do well in .net industry?
5. What is your advice for .net languages learners(VB & C#) in order to improve their knowledge? Like if you can give us ways which you used to be that much...
6. Everyone appreciate the truth that DIC has become among the most world-wide known online community. Can you tell us what way you used to advertise it at the time of starting it? Also what way do you think we can use to advertise our software(desktop apps) so people can use,test and comment them for better improvement?
Thanks to everyone and sorry for long post
This post has been edited by smohd: 10 January 2012 - 10:40 AM