0 Replies - 3358 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2012 - 10:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

[link] HTML5 Game Development (1-6)

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

http://www.script-tutorials.com

Script tutorials has a pretty comprehensive list of using HTML5 for a game.. here's the series of articles and descriptions for you!

Lesson 1

Starting today we begin a series of articles on game development in HTML5. In our first article we will cover the basics – working with the canvas, creating simple objects, fill, and some linked event handlers by mouse. Also, pay attention at this stage, we will study this basis, not immediately work in 3D with WebGL. But we will get back to WebGL in the future.

Lesson 2

Today we continue a series of articles on game development in HTML5. Today we will continue basics (and maybe even advanced basics). I going to show you how to fill objects with gradient color, draw text, use custom fonts to draw text, basic animation, and most important: ui element – Button.

Lesson 3

Today we continue a series of articles on game development in HTML5 using canvas. Finally, today we will start adding animation, and few more interesting features. Our demonstration will include a spaceship flying through space, and a new element – the Dialogue. The dialogue will contain two pages, and our button will toggle the dialog pages + hide the dialog on the second click.

Lesson 4

Today we continue a series of articles on game development in HTML5 using canvas. Today we going to learn next elements: animation with sprites and basic work with sound. In our demonstration you will see a flying dragon. We will hear the sounds of wings all time (we will loop this sound), and another sound – dragon’s roar (on mouseup event). And finally we will teach our dragon be closer to the mouse cursor (when we hold down the mouse).

Lesson 5

Finally I decided to prepare next Game-development article. We continue a series of articles on game development in HTML5 using canvas. Today I prepared musical example (it will something like program – synthesizer) with alternative DOM-based dialogs on CSS3. Why I added separated dialogs – easy, mostly because CSS have much more possibilities to play with text and styles of standard elements, then it can make result JS code smaller, and can increase result speed of example. So, you can apply nice custom styles for these dialogs with full power of CSS3 (as example – I customized scrollbar with css3).

Lesson 6

This is our next game development article. We continue a series of articles on game development in HTML5 using canvas. Today this is quite complete game example – it will reincarnation of old computer game – Battle City. I will teach you to use alternative array-maps plus I will show – how to detect collision of active object (Tank) with environment (array based map).

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1