1 Replies - 3761 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Search Plus Your World

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Google have finally released the update we have all be waiting for, real social search... or what they are calling Search Plus Your World.

This update allows the user to hide or show personal results, this lets us always get the results we are after. I have noticed that the personal results are particularly good on current events such as CES. Over time I am sure they will add other social networks to the results, Twitter would have been on it but last year they did not renew their contact with Google and I believe Facebook are still linked with Bing.

We all turn to people we know and trust for great recommendations. With personal results, you'll see relevant tips, photos, and posts from your friends right alongside results from the web.

I wonder how SEO practises will be affected by this. I think it will make people need to focus a lot more on content as this really is a virtual grapevine type search style!

What is your opinion on this? Do you use Google Plus? Are you going to now?

This post has been edited by Shane Hudson: 11 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Search Plus Your World

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Search Plus Your World

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

I've never used social networks (I have Twitter but I don't use it). This could be a great opportunity though, for site marketing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1