4 Replies - 572 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2012 - 08:57 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I want to learn C++. How do I do it?

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

I want to learn C++. How do I do it? If you can recommend me some online tutorials I would be very happy.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I want to learn C++. How do I do it?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I want to learn C++. How do I do it?

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

To get started I would go here. It will teach you the absolute basic syntax. The best way to learn is just find C++ problems/challenges and try to write the program. This will help you encounter new libraries and functions. Once you get the syntax is just about how many libraries you know how to use.

http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hey kevindckr,

You can go to youtube and search for "c++ absolute n00b spoonfeed" A guy that goes by AntiRtfm has a video series that's ok to start with. I should warn you however. Video tutorials should (in my opinion) be used in conjunction with written tutorials and practice. If you try to be lazy as use only the videos, you end up with a "swiss cheese" knowledge of the subject you are looking at. The tutor usually doesn't go into the depth of the commands / methods as deeply as you may need. Often times they show you one example, when the command could be used a few different ways. One other disadvantage is if the programmer in the video has a bad habit, he may inadvertently pass it along to you. The C++ manuals and books usually go through some sort of proof reading process.

Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 BetaWar  Icon User is online

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

And don't forget about Dream In Code's tutorial section. There is an entire tutorial forum for C/C++:
http://www.dreaminco...48-c-tutorials/
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

I'd recommend you getting an e-book, even though they cost money, but they give you a good base and you won't have a lack of knowdledge when reading other people code. That is C++ is a vast programming language and it has many many expections, that are usually not shown in online tutorials.
I would recommend you reading "C++ Primer Plus 5th edition".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1