3 Replies - 755 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Getting a Database Job right out college?

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

I really want to be a dba when I graduate college, but most of the reqs for Junior DBA require some sort of job experience which I don't have. Is there some sort of job I can do out of college dealing with databases?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Getting a Database Job right out college?

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Getting a Database Job right out college?

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

That's not true. I know SEVERAL guys who went to UI that went straight to work for Oracle after graduation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostApophis, on 12 January 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I really want to be a dba when I graduate college, but most of the reqs for Junior DBA require some sort of job experience which I don't have. Is there some sort of job I can do out of college dealing with databases?

If you college hires student workers, maybe you can get a part-time job in the IT department? I did that in college and the experience was great.

I don't know how long you have until you graduate, but you could look for an internship. Sometimes your college will even help you find these internships. The internship will give you some experience so you can jump into a job!

This post has been edited by SpartanGuy07: 12 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Definitely volunteer on IT projects while in college, and take on some part-time work. I got a junior DBA job straight out of college, but that was only because I had done some database voluntary work when I was 16, had a summer job in a techies field for all summers at college, plus was doing part-time web development contracting while at the last year of college.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1