Setting background inside of a Windows Application Form?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 4431 Views - Last Post: 13 January 2012 - 10:57 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Setting background inside of a Windows Application Form?

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Rex I figured out how to resize the form so I'm all set on that :smile2:

All I am wondering now is how can you possibly add an image ONTOP of the background image I just coded, using a toolbar button push? :blush: I'm confused on this, but I'm glad I'm learning :w00t:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

aquahoya, it seems now that you want Rex to hold your hand. The problem is, he's such a good kid that he probably will, and will find great joy in doing so... Within that lies a problem. You're not learning jack shit.

He's already given you the resources that you need to figure out your next question, and I'm sure you'll find a lot more joy in discovering this on your own. Google "MSDN PictureBox". Read the documentation, and try until you're successful. You won't completely FAIL, I'll put a bet on that. If perhaps you get close without an exact solution, then come back to DIC with a specific question pertaining to a problem in your code. These guys absolutely LOVE sharing their knowledge with people that will actually try, and ultimately retain it. It's disrespectful to ask for the volunteers to construct code from scratch to hand to you.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

It seems that you have small to none formal education in coding, or you learnt it by self-teaching. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you don't follow a structured learning curriculum you'll most likely have huge gaps in your knowledge, and you'll have to return to some pretty basic stuff later in your education. To avoid that you should go on a course for C# or grab a book (from our Recommended C# Books thread) and read it from cover-to-cover.

Or if you don't want to spend any money at all you can start out in out Learning C# Series | New to C#? Start here!! :D

The thing is: you can learn a language purely by experimenting ONLY if you have a strong programming background and a good understanding about the paradigm the language uses. You can't learn programming from scratch just by experimenting. You need some proper theory backing and in that manor I'll point you to the Object-Oriented Thought Process, The (3rd Edition) which will build you a great basis for learning all OO languages in the future. (And most are OO! :D)

So don't learn things randomly. Learn them structurally.

And the last thing I would like to point out, that other than our C# Learning Series, there's also an other one on the web: C# Station.

Enjoy!
Cheers!

LEARN STRUCTURALLY!!! ;) :D

This post has been edited by RexGrammer: 13 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I did not want to give the impression that I'm asking rexgrammer to code for me, there is just certain methods that I do not know yet, which is why I came here for help. If people didn't need help this forum wouldn't exist, just looking at the current topics 99% are questions.

I am learning on my own, without formal training. I try to figure things out on my own, as you can see I figured out resizing a form after having trouble at first on how to do it, but I am also looking through C# books which helped me learn the basics.

Rexgrammer thanks for the help and I'll get back to reading C# programming books. I only stopped because I had an application I wanted to make in mind, and once I have that mindset in creating it I can't stop. But I guess its time to go back to the blueprints.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

That's the attitude... :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +