Crystal Reports 8.5 and Visual Basic 6

How to attach crystal reports in visual basic database applications

• (3 Pages)
  • +

36 Replies - 133843 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2013 - 05:35 PM Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Crystal Reports 8.5 and Visual Basic 6

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hi guys! If you have problems with crystal reports 8.5 and visual basic 6, please send me your message, I'll see if I could possibly HELP!

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1

Replies To: Crystal Reports 8.5 and Visual Basic 6

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Crystal Reports 8.5 and Visual Basic 6

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

View Postjeff_sibal, on 9 Apr, 2007 - 11:44 PM, said:

Hi guys! If you have problems with crystal reports 8.5 and visual basic 6, please send me your message, I'll see if I could possibly HELP!

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

Re: Crystal Reports 8.5 and VB6

I could only find the Crystal Report Viewer Control, Crystal Select Expert OLE Control Module and the Seagate Software Crystal Query Viewer 2.0 Type Library.

I added all of them but I keep getting Type Mismatch Errors and the properties are different.

How do I view the reports from a VB6 written APP?

Do I need to have the Developer Edition?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:39 AM

Attached File  SCSQRO.zip (20.77K)
Number of downloads: 15265Attached File  samplefromJEFF.zip (188.47K)
Number of downloads: 12616I have created sample application using VB6 and Crystal report 8.5 to help you with your problem. I hope this may help you.

just download the attached files:

Note:

1. Create directory c:\MIS\FAPSO\SCSQRO\ for the MS Access file (SCSQRO.mdb), unzip the file first ofcourse.. hihihi

2. Create an OBDC connection for the MS Access file and name it as SCSQRO( remember to use Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) form your ODBC Data Source Administrator)

3. Run the crystal report file located in the (abuloy) folder (TestReport.rpt) to make sure that the report is running properly.

4. Open the VB6 project (project1.vbp) from the (abuloy) folder

5. Try experimenting with the code, you may create codes to filter the report itself...

HAPPY PROGRAMMIN DUDE!

Jefferson Sibal

View Postwlupton, on 17 Apr, 2007 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

Re: Crystal Reports 8.5 and VB6

I could only find the Crystal Report Viewer Control, Crystal Select Expert OLE Control Module and the Seagate Software Crystal Query Viewer 2.0 Type Library.

I added all of them but I keep getting Type Mismatch Errors and the properties are different.

How do I view the reports from a VB6 written APP?

Do I need to have the Developer Edition?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:05 AM

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

Hi, There i tried your sample and it help me much :D
But i need your help:-
1- I made crystal report getting data from sql server and it's work fine
2- I need to connected with VB6 but i could n't can you help me
-----------
3- the Database file you made *.MDB there is query you made dose it need to connect with vb6
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

hii i am using datareports in vb but i am unable to view images that are stored in ms access in binary format
can cristal reports show the images stored in access pls help
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:55 AM

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

hi jeff,
plz tell me how to DSN in crystal reports and how to connect crystal report to visualbasic and database..
plz reply soon ..
thax regarsd
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:42 AM

Hello Jep,

First and foremost, before my next question, I need a report writing software. Could you give me a link to download the Crystal Report 8.5 developer edition software?. I need to print a report of my VB program -A.S.A.P. Thanks

osgen
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hi! to connect your database to your Crytal Report Editable file, you need to create first an ODBC connection of your database. then from your crstal report program, in the DATABASE located on the upper toolbar. Select the "Add Database to the Report". Form your Data Explorer select ODBC to expand all the database created on your ODBC. Slect your created Database with its specific database name then click add. That simple.

Now, about your question on how to connect your crystal report to your VB program. You may add the "TABLE or QUERY" you have created for your report to your data environment panel. Make sure that the table is open before using it to run your crystal report in your vb:

you may use this simple code for opening your table before using it:

if not .rsYOURTABLENAME.state = adstateopen then

View Postvrishu22, on 19 Feb, 2008 - 01:55 AM, said:

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

hi jeff,
plz tell me how to DSN in crystal reports and how to connect crystal report to visualbasic and database..
plz reply soon ..
thax regarsd

Hi! to connect your database to your Crytal Report Editable file, you need to create first an ODBC connection of your database. then from your crstal report program, in the DATABASE located on the upper toolbar. Select the "Add Database to the Report". From your Data Explorer select ODBC to expand all the database created on your ODBC. Select your created Database with its specific TABLE or QUERY then click add. That simple.

Now, about your question on how to connect your crystal report to your VB program. You may add the "TABLE or QUERY" you have created for your report to your data environment panel. Make sure that the table is open before using it to run your crystal report in your vb:

you may use this simple code for opening your table before using it:

If Not .rsYOURTABLENAME.state = adstateopen then
.rsYOURTABLENAME.open
End If

that so easy isn't it! happy programmin dude!

JEFF SIBAL

View Postvrishu22, on 19 Feb, 2008 - 01:55 AM, said:

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

hi jeff,
plz reply soon ..
thax regarsd

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

Hello ADB-Ali

what do you on your QUESTION NUMBER 2? do you mean you want to connect your crystal report to your VB program?
if yes, this is my answer... Just create a new command to your Data Environment Panel in your VB for the TABLE or QUERY that used in your Crystal report file. I assumed that your database is already connected to your ODBC right?

make sure that the TABLE or QUERY is opened before using it to your program, this is an example code to open a TABLE:

If Not .rsYOURTABLENAME.State = adStateOpen then
.rsYOURTABLENAME.Open
End if

for your QUESTION 3. yes you also need to create a NEW COMMAND toyour DATA ENVIRONMENT for the QUERY you made for the crystal report. Same as what you do for TABLEs.

Happy programmin dude!

Jeff Sibal

View PostABD_Ali, on 17 Feb, 2008 - 05:05 AM, said:

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

Hi, There i tried your sample and it help me much :D
But i need your help:-
1- I made crystal report getting data from sql server and it's work fine
2- I need to connected with VB6 but i could n't can you help me
-----------
3- the Database file you made *.MDB there is query you made dose it need to connect with vb6

hi OSGEN,

I'm sorry I don't know any link for a free Crystal Report *.5 Dev ed. Software.

JEFF SIBAL

View Postosgen, on 3 Mar, 2008 - 12:42 AM, said:

Hello Jep,

First and foremost, before my next question, I need a report writing software. Could you give me a link to download the Crystal Report 8.5 developer edition software?. I need to print a report of my VB program -A.S.A.P. Thanks

osgen

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:22 AM

I am using Barcode in Crystal Report 8.5
I have to allign the barcode label in details section in one rows.
After completing five label next five label in next row.
How could this thing do in Crystal Report 8.5
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

hi bk_yogesh123!

I can't comprehend to your question. Anyway if your problem is alignment of fields on your details part in crystal report: Try this one.

If your RULERS are not visible in your crystal report editable file, click the VIEW in your topmost toolbar then select RULERS IN DESIGN. Then click the Ruler to create a MARKER for alignment ( you can create markers as many as you desire) , right click the RULER then UNCHECK the SNAP TO GRID. To remove the alignment marker, click the marker then drag it downward..That all bro..

Jeff_Sibal

View Postbk_yogesh123, on 4 Mar, 2008 - 07:22 AM, said:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

I need to change this vb 6 app from using crystal 8.5 to crystal 11 (XI) can you help?

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hai
How to create crystal report in VB.6
I want to export the crystal report to PDF format.
Please help me.

Remi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:39 AM

Thanx!

Jepoy
V@$

can you please provide me the sample coding of VB 6.0 with crystal report 10 using msaccess. It will be great if you post.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

Dear Jeff_Sibal,

I am a programmer of Vb but haven't yet tried hands on Crystal reports as till date i was using Data report but now as they are limited in actions, i need to transfer all my projects to Crystal reports. So, can any one tell me how can i connect to a crystal report using the app.path or connection string method through recordset without the help of ODBC or dataenvironrment. My next question is that somehow i be able to connect to CR, how can i pass value to controls in CR through my code forms in Visual Basic. If anybody can help me it would be great as i have just wandering through forums to get help and still after i have roumed through groups like vbforums and a1vbcode, nobody bothered to answer my queries. So, i hope this group will live up to its expectations.

Ahmed

View Postjeff_sibal, on 9 Mar, 2008 - 07:36 PM, said:

hi bk_yogesh123!

I can't comprehend to your question. Anyway if your problem is alignment of fields on your details part in crystal report: Try this one.

If your RULERS are not visible in your crystal report editable file, click the VIEW in your topmost toolbar then select RULERS IN DESIGN. Then click the Ruler to create a MARKER for alignment ( you can create markers as many as you desire) , right click the RULER then UNCHECK the SNAP TO GRID. To remove the alignment marker, click the marker then drag it downward..That all bro..

Jeff_Sibal

View Postbk_yogesh123, on 4 Mar, 2008 - 07:22 AM, said:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +