1 Replies - 7615 Views - Last Post: 16 January 2012 - 04:33 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[Problem] Adding 'Random Object' in tutorial

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hello, I am new to </dream.in.code> so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area (and direct me to the correct place!)

I have been learning/going through the tutorials found on http://rastertek.com/ with good results. I feel like I'm getting to grips with DirectX properly after toying with XNA Game studio for a bit.

I am stuck on the tutorial "6: Height Based Movement " (http://rastertek.com/tertut06.html) after using the DX11 basic tutorials to get myself all set up. At the end of the page it suggests that I "Place an object that randomly moves around the terrain adjusting its height based on information from the quad tree." I dont have an idea of how to do this properly.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I would go about doing this? Either a link to a tutorial that explains how to add items as well as a terrain (which I couldn't find on the site) or just pointing me in the right direction! You might have to take a peek at the code there (which you can download at the bottom of the page). Right now, the closest Ive gotten to is being able to render a 3D image from a file, but when I do that it makes the terain dissapear. So I'm clearly barking up the wrong tree. I've had a google around but that's been to no avail. :(

Thanks for reading this far, even if you cant help!

Tyilin

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Problem] Adding 'Random Object' in tutorial

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Problem] Adding 'Random Object' in tutorial

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

The idea of the suggestion at the end of the tutorial is that it is something that the tutorial should have prepared you for. You may need to do the tutorials again and make sure you full understand what is going on, then you can add to it without the help of a tutorial.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1