3 Replies - 1837 Views - Last Post: 18 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

WallShare!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:55 AM

Just an idea I'm working on. Lemme know what you think.

Right now the report button doesn't work, I know that. I'm still developing an admin center and everything. But the basics all work.

The idea is to upload and share wallpapers. I was going for a minimalistic/simplistic design on this.

http://creativecodin...pts_/wallshare/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WallShare!

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: WallShare!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:14 AM

I'd add some type of navigation system, possibly tied to keyboard, so users don't have to refresh.

That being said I was pressing refresh at least 20 times before I remembered I was supposed to be looking at the site for review. I like the concept, but I'll wait for it to develop a little more before I really have any solid opinions on it, other than it has some rather interesting potential.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

I added a forward-back navigation system which also works with the left/right keys on the keyboard. I also added some options to change the animation type as well as automatically changing the wall. Also, the report button works.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I seem to be having an issue with the navigation not going forward and backward on the images I have viewed. I go forward a few times then press back a few times and I get different images... Not sure if that is supposed to happen or not, but if it is you should just have a "new" or "random" button instead of the arrows.

As far as the style, it seems fine. It is a bit uber-minimalist; but I don't see a problem with that.

I would make a few changes to the interaction though. When the modal windows open I find that users typically like to be able to click on the modal background (the partially-transparent black background) to close the modal. Also, I would suggest adding the keyboard shortcut "esc" to the close modal functionality. Power users will like that.

Additionally, the bottom links (the report and submit) are a bit crowded on the sides, so I would suggest adding a bit of a padding around them so the text doesn't hit the edge of the container box. That will improve readability of the links.

Other than that I would suggest adding a preloading algorithm in there for loading images in the direction that the user is moving. Remember, people don't take a terribly long time to look at an image unless they find it intriguing off the bat. That said, I would suggest preloading the first 5 or 10 in both directions, then making certain to keep loading images in the direction that the user goes towards. If you are already preloading images I would suggest saving a lower-fidelity copy of them for web-view (then let people save off the original good quality image if that is allowed) to decrease loading times.

Overall I think the site looks pretty good. Keep going with it :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1