50c ideal temp for a 8 core ?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

20 Replies - 9083 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: 50c ideal temp for a 8 core ?

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

The fan was pulling air into the computer case but now i have turned it around so its pushing air out of the case.

And sorry will try and explain it a bit better. On my board i have a program called epu-4 engine which lets you set your cpu into different modes e.g performance mode . Energy saving mode and auto mode. When its on auto mode my processor is 1.4 ghz but when its in performance mode it goes up to 3.1ghz which is standard. I clicked on auto it went down to 1.4ghz the chip and the temp went down to 30c i tried playing a game but the game lagged so i exited the game and tried to put it back has stock (3.1ghz ) by pressing performance mode. But for some resson its staying at 1.4ghz .. In the system tab in windows it says 1.4ghz... in cpuz it says 1.4ghz .... in side the dos it says 3.1ghz ....

Ok just a quick update i noticed the cool and quiet was turned on in the bios which turned my chip down to 1.4ghz i turned that off and now i have the 3.1ghz back :bigsmile:

But now im on 54c after i boot into my computer ...

i think it maybe be the fans not running fast enough i know the fans could run faster and cool it down more. But still don;t get how a brand new cpu can run at 54c

also i might need to add i have a 450watt power supply running it all i have heared if you ent got enough power your computer will get streesed ?

This post has been edited by rpgmaker: 17 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

What type of heat sink do you have?

Can you take a picture of the inside of your case?

I think you might need a better Heat sink,

Some reviews of your CPU

Stock cooler works fine for non-OC'd configuration, even under Prime95 Max Heat Torture Test, max temp was 118F during this test.

Pros: I have had this CPU for around 3 weeks now. OC at 4.4Ghz per Core with COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 air cooled with two fans installed on it. I play MW3, BF3, Swtor and I cant tell you how great this performs. I thought my games were maxed out but things seem to be much more smooth. Overclocked at 4.4Ghz sitting at 35c on full load 20 idle. I Fraps on most my games at 60fps with now zero clipping Max settings on all games.

Great processor, people having issues with this just might not have experience in building PC correctly. Throwing all the best parts together doesn't mean you will have the best computer. FYI

Bought this one due to people saying you could OC it easy. saved money over the 8150 and have it OC higher. But thats just me saving money. BUY IT!

Cons: None, Low Power, Zero sound from Hyper 212, Buy it!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

How are the AMD 8-core cpus ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

I have a AMD FX8120 Black Edition UNLOCKED EIGHT Core 3.1GHz Processor with stock Heatsink & Fan

http://www.amazon.co...ie=UTF8&index=0

Is a link to my stock fan...
The heat sink was all ready on the bottom of my fan which came with the cpu.....
there is a video here of the cpu and the stock fan
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=A2SvcvHlFfc
which at the end of the video you can see the stock fan and heat sink

This post has been edited by rpgmaker: 19 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

AMD ships there 8-core in a tin can, incredible. Intel you should do the same for the price you want for a CPU.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

What i don't understand the bit were you said "Intel you should do the same for the price you want for a CPU. " intel is around 2 - 3 ranks betters than amd but paying 700 dollors more to gain 2 - 3 ranks ? When i bought this amd 8 core i thought this is what i can afford and it would be ok for what i need. And at the min its the fastest and most reliable computer ive ever had. I use to own a intel be for and it always use to lag even when overclocked. The only problem with amd is it gets to hot. and that's why im here :) My cpu temp is 35c which is good i think but the temp1 in speed fan is 50c ?? I have been using google and found out that temp1 is the cpu socket and not the cpu it self .... each core is 35c it says in another software im using...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +