2 Replies - 5703 Views - Last Post: 18 January 2012 - 03:55 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

GridWorld Location Spanning.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Could someone just point me in the wright direction. I just want to make some objects bigger in gridworld then others. Instead of one square. I want a box to take up 4 squares but still be that one object.

I have no idea where to start I started trying to extend Location and make a new constructor that would allow it to take a top left corner and a bottom right corner of the object and that area would be filled. I got some errors and when I brought it up with my teacher he said don't extend location. Now I have no idea where to start he said something about he GUI which I'm guessing is the Grid and World class. I read the API and I really don't know where to start.

I have a feeling and I'm going to try something with the Show class in World because the Grid class is completely mind boggling. World takes a parameter from Grid for its constructor and Grid doesn't even have a constructor >.< !

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: GridWorld Location Spanning.

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: GridWorld Location Spanning.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

GridWorld isn't really designed to handle this. What I would do is design a class with two Actors in it, and draw those Actors to adjacent Locations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: GridWorld Location Spanning.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

ye i thought of that 2 but realized this would be easier once implemented but thanks better to learn sooner than later
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1