• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 23004 Views - Last Post: 28 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: What the experts want to see, a resume reminder

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostShane Hudson, on 20 January 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

What is the general opinion of online resumes? Normally it would be tailored to a specific company or job but if it is available for all to see then it would require different/more information... being an infinite page would it be appropriate to just have a longer resume/CV than if it were printed?

From talking to a lecturer in my college he recommends that no matter the company or job try keep it to no more than two pages. From what i understand a short to the point CV is better than something long and drawn out as potential employers could have a lot of CV's to look through and cant spend a long time on them all. The point Of your CV is to get an interview and that is where you can show more about yourself and your skills.

hope this helps
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

hi ,,,
i just wonder to know this ,, im in my last year of college and as looking to back it went so fast i can say i didn't
learnd something specific only some basic of languge like (C++ and c# and php) what i meaning They taught me how to learn and not taught me how write program ,, so is this going with all of you or just here? :/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Yes, that is a fairly common tactic colleges use. They make sure you are capable of learning what is needed and give you the basic knowledge you will absolutely need, but doing the in-depth learning is left up to you.

Most hiring companies like to see that you took the initiative, and joined a community, or an open-source project, or something else to further your knowledge while in school.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +