8 Replies - 4383 Views - Last Post: 04 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Cpu temp and core temp

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Ok so some users might of seen my post from yesterday i have downloaded a program called cpuid hw monitor which tells me my cpu core is at 34c but on speed fan and other software it tells me my "temp 1 " is it 48c.

I have check cpuid hw monitor and the only 48c i can see is the tmpin0 which is 48c

I notice when the temp gets up to 60 the computer cuts out and turns it self off.
Please can some one tell me why the cpu 0 - cpu7 is 34c and the tmpin0 is 48c and the computer resets at 60c ?

And also is temp 1 on speed fan the cpu temp ? Or in side the case temp ?

Thanks

This post has been edited by rpgmaker: 18 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Cpu temp and core temp

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Cpu temp and core temp

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

As I understand this from messing around with my Intel processor, the Temp1 value in SpeedFan is the heat of the CPU chip itself, where the Core X vales show the temp for each individual core. - In my case the Temp1 value is constantly at ~60-80C, spiking to 127 (max for a 7 bit value) when busy, so I don't put much faith in that particular value.

Anyways, as to why it's turning itself off... That I wold be concerned about. They usually only do that to prevent the heat from damaging the hardware. Are you sure your cooling system is properly installed? - I suppose it could be a configuration problem in the bios, but I would be hesitant to mess with those parameters. At least not without knowing for sure it is in fact configured improperly. (I wouldn't want to prevent the chip from stopping itself from overheating.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

So this speed fan is not very good ? I bought a new board and a new 8 core cpu ( amd ) which came with a new heat sink and fan and everything the heat sink was all ready on the cpu fan ( at the bottom )

I have attached my report of all my temps to this post.
When i first ran the computer speed fan showed 70c and the cpu fan went mad has if the computer was gonna blow up. But now i have been using google to find out about this temp 1 and have been told speed fan is no good and to get cpuid hw monitor which shows all cores 1 - 8 to be 33c / 35c

So i do not know what to believe ....
Im running speed fan right now and its saying temp 1 has 47 but cpuid hw monitor shows all cores at 33c ( report attached to this post )
I have contacted the company who sold me the new board and chip and they have told me 50c is good for a 8 core..

but has i have said one software says 33 and the other 47 :dontgetit:

Attached File(s)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postrpgmaker, on 18 January 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

So this speed fan is not very good ?

On the contrary, SpeedFan is the best monitor software I've come across. It displays all 4 cores of my i5 chip perfectly, as well as the temp for all my other sensors (including the broken Temp1 value, which can't be blamed on SpeedFan itself). Of course, that may not be true for all CPUs, and there are big differences between AMD and Intel chips.

Personally I wouldn't get overly worried about a 50C reading on a 8 core CPU. My quad-core processor tends to show values between 35 and 45 when idle. I don't know about AMD chips, but the Intel website usually gives you some idea about what kind of temperatures you should be expecting. (Like here, the specs for my CPU tell me the TCASE value should max out at 72C, which is a sensor in the chip itself, not in any core, and which I believe SpeedFan shows as Temp1.) But if the BIOS is powering the computer down because of over heating, that would indicate *some* issue. Whether that is the actual heat or a bug in the software, that I can't tell.

I remember once having a broken bios, evaluating the temp of my CPU at 25 higher than it was supposed to be. It used to power my PC down every time there was anything heavy going on. - I had to flash the BIOS with an update to fix it. Perhaps something similar is going on for you? (Be careful with BIOS updates though. They can easily go wrong and mess you motherboard up for good.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks well i have found out that TMPIN0 is the cpu socket. Ive found out that TMPIN1 is my core ...

TMPIN0 - core
TMPIN1 - CPU temp
TMPIN2 - MOFSET temperature

but i have also found this

"BIOS - HWMonitor - Everest
SYS = TMPIN0 = Motherboard
CPU = TMPIN1 = CPU
MCH = TMPIN2 = Northbridge "

This TMPIN0 flys off the roof but the cpu temp stays low for each core....

Because 1-8 cores are 36c and TMPIN1 is 36c.
The thing im worryied about is when i play a game speed fan goes up to 70c.
i all the cpus using core temp which shows all cpus are at 33c ......

Is 50 / 70c ok for the cpu socket ?

1-8 core is 33c on idel and 50c on full load.....

This post has been edited by rpgmaker: 18 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

m1530 had overheating problems with gaming

check drivers and add some thermal paste

kevin
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

I see no mention of thermal paste/grease. Did you put thermal paste on the Processor?

If its overheating I suggest you check the heat sink is properly seated on the processor with enough thermal paste to transfer the head from the processor to the heatsink.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

guys, if the problem was with his heatsink, I don't think he would be seeing such low temperatures...CPUs shouldn't be hitting their TJmax until 100degrees celcius approximately
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

If you are using the cpu cooler that came with the cpu I would recommend upgrading to a after market cpu cooler I can personally recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus they are reasonably priced and mine works wonders while OCed. I would also check the thermal compound on the cpu makes sure you have some on it and that there are no air bubbles. The last thing I would check is the direction the fan is blowing the air if you computer only has 1 exhaust in the back it wont make that much difference but if it has exhaust on the top an aftermarket cpu cooler can blow the air right out of your system.

You can also use speedfan to turn up the RPMs on your fans as the system heats up or just make them stay at 100% all the time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1