For this first challenge I have a 2D space shooter, the project is at the bottom of this post. It contains two game states, a start screen and a game play screen. Alien ships fly from the top of the screen to the bottom and shoot bullets at the player. The player can fly their ship around the screen and fire back at the aliens. A few things don't work quite right. Find the bugs and fix them. Following are a list of suggested enhancements you can make to the game to make it more complete.
- add a pause state for when the game is in play
- add a high score state that displays the top five scores and save them
- make the aliens more intelligent instead of firing randomly
- have killed aliens occasionally drop power ups for the player to pick up
- add in a better game state manager rather than what is provided
This is an open ended challenge and there is no deadline. The idea is to get a better understanding of game programming with XNA.
Number of downloads: 301