6 Replies - 4315 Views - Last Post: 23 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

changing windows

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hi all,

I want to change my windows 7 Home Premium, and promote it to windows 7 professional. The problem is that I have partitioned my disk space to three NTFS Logical Drive(C,E and F). I want to install it on my root directory( C ),So it will be completely formatted. But my question is that will my other drives( E and F ) be formatted?, because I have a lot of data on them, and I don't want to loose them.

Thanks in advance. :smile2:
Bita

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: changing windows

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: changing windows

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

I was pretty certain the 'anytime upgrades' are 'in place' upgrades. It's not like installing a new Os - it just downloads key feature changes and installs them...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Backup any critical data before you begin your migration. Never believe anyone that says your data is perfectly safe. Once you have backed up your data you can then proceed with your operating system change. I believe that you should be able to install Windows on your C drive and not affect the other two partitions. But always back up your critical data before you begin..

Jim
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

Upgrading your Windows OS will not require you to format. However, that said you should still backup any critical data.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Take nothing for granted. The one time you don't is likely the one time that something goes to crap. For all the times you do backups and don't need them, it will be well worth it when you actually do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

I agree with Lemur, Over this past summer I reformatted my Drive, and I believed that I had all my data over but was sadly mistaken and lost my school files from Freshman-Junior year..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

View Postbita, on 24 January 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hi all,

I want to change my windows 7 Home Premium, and promote it to windows 7 professional. The problem is that I have partitioned my disk space to three NTFS Logical Drive(C,E and F). I want to install it on my root directory( C ),So it will be completely formatted. But my question is that will my other drives( E and F ) be formatted?, because I have a lot of data on them, and I don't want to loose them.

Thanks in advance. :smile2:
Bita

No the data in other drives will not lost but you have to remember some things:
When you run the setup at the time when it shows all your drive just format the c drive or delete and create only c drive not the other ones.

I hope it helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1