2 Replies - 1184 Views - Last Post: 27 January 2012 - 01:39 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make such Forms witch fetch from DB and display result on web

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

hi everybody

i just wanna do a drop down form witch will fetch data from the database and display the result to the website

my idea is ,

first put a type of phone once a customer select a phone let's say nokia , it gives him another option to select the Nokia model then once they click to fetch the information , it automatically bring the information of that nokia , lets say it gives the cost or price for example.

below is the example of that form in this website.

http://www.mrunlock.com

i Just need help and a guidance how to make this form using PHP and MYSQL

thanks for your help in advance .

Best regards.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make such Forms witch fetch from DB and display result on web

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make such Forms witch fetch from DB and display result on web

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

I don't want you to write my code, just give me ideas on how to solve my problem.

What have to you tried to code so far?
What part of what you have tried isn't working?
Are you getting error messages, or is it just not giving you the results you wanted?

(In other words, you at least have to make and show us your good faith effort to do your own coding. We are here to help you, not do it for you.)
What does this error mean?

Suggestion:
Don't replace lines of code that don't work. Instead comment them out and put your new attemps below that. This will keep you from re-trying the same ideas over and over. Also, when you come back to us saying "I've tried this 100 different ways and still can't get it", we can actually see what you tried. So often a failed attempt is very very close and just needs a little nudge in the right direction. So if we can say "See what you did in attempt 3... blah blah" it helps a lot

// Try #1 - May 1, 0900hrs
//    code
//    code  
//    code
// Try #2 - May 2, 1700hrs   Okay, plan B.  What if I do it *this* way
//    code
//    code  
//    code
// Try #14 - May 3, 0500hrs after 5 cans of RedBull.  Maybe I should get some sleep. I can't think of anything else but this last idea
    code
    code  
    code

If you are using Visual Studio you can select a block of lines and hit control+k control+c (Kode Comment) to comment it out. control+k control+u (Kode Uncomment) to uncomment a selected block.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make such Forms witch fetch from DB and display result on web

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Tutorial for you to read
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -