1 Replies - 790 Views - Last Post: 29 January 2012 - 09:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

First software - Need advice

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

I have no idea where to post this on hackforums.

I want like to start learning how to create softwares.
I have small knowledge of programming languages like: c++, java, php,html, css, pascal, qbasic, visual basic.

My first software idea - I would like to create a software that has theese options/functions:
1. After running my software, user has to login by typing his username + password.
Before user can login he has to register on my website or trought my new software which saves all his data to my mysql database.
2. After user has succesfully logged in he has a search option/function. With this search option/function user can search for data that i implented trought my website into mysql database.

Where should i start? How can i create something like this?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: First software - Need advice

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: First software - Need advice

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

First learn to code. Then after a year worry about making a program.

See FAQ's: 28 and higher

TOP most asked:
What does this error message mean?
FAQ 2: How do I debug
FAQ 3: How do I make Form1 talk to Form2

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions - Updated Jan 2012[HR]
Spoiler

I will make a common suggestion though: Quit trying to develop your own application before you lean *how* to code in your chosen language. Trying to write a program from scratch as a learning exercise never works this early in your schooling.

This type of thing is covered very early on in any self-teaching book. Which makes me think you really aren't ready to be designing an application yet.

Some of the tutorials below are for C# not C, C++, VB.NET [...]. But the conceptual stuff of classes, object oriented design, events etc. are not language specific and should give you enough guidance in theory of program development for you to be able to look-up specific code example in your chosen coding language.

Newbie/Rookie said:

I have a little programming experience but I need to write ...

You need to start there. I can't say "I have little experience in speaking Russian, but I have been assigned to write a mystery novel in Russian. Can you help me?"

We can help you by saying "First learn basic programming and the language of C#. Then take on assignments." Could someone here write this program for you? Sure. Could someone here map out all the processes you need to follow and do the Software Design part of this in the slim hope you could code it from there? Sure. But we don't volunteer to do the job that you're either getting paid for, or getting a grade for. You may want to read this.

For now, just work on the lessons. Do a self-teaching book from cover to cover. Then consider writing a program.

Don't try to create a useful working program to fit a need of yours (or a for-pay contract) as your introduction to coding project. When you are learning to code you don't know enough to code a program, let alone know how to engineer the architecture of a program. It would be like saying "I don't know how to read sheet music, or play an instrument. I think I'll write a 3 act opera as my first learning experience."

I don't say this to be mean. We've seen lots of new coders take this approach and we know it doesn't work. Trying to design your own programs before you understand the basics of the code language you've chosen just leads to problems, frustrations, and 'swiss-cheese' education (lots of holes).

Resources, references and suggestions for new programmers. - Updated Jan 2012
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1