want to create blog for students.

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 831 Views - Last Post: 31 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

want to create blog for students.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hi,
I am currently working in an I.T company.
Planning to create a blog for college students(tutorials, questn pprs, video tutorials).
(LIKE HOW TO RUN OUR FIRST PROGRAM IN JAVA, Silverlight etc).
Basically want to provide things and topics which are difficult to search on internet(all in one place).

What shld i do(from where to start).
Want to earn also from advertisemnets etc....

plz help.... :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: want to create blog for students.

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: want to create blog for students.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Are you really asking... "Will someone tell me how to set up a site to compete with the one I'm asking on?"

I've looked at your threads (many of which were bounced to 'Gimme teh codez') and your reputation - you really haven't contributed to this site, but you want to create your own for this same purpose? Dude... You are in no way qualified for that. You might be working at an IT company - but my guess is its in the motor pool or mail room.

No offense, but there are many such sites on the internet including the one you're on. Finding the data you say is hard to find, isn't hard. Maybe you're just not much good at Google-ing.

Finding answers to specific problems:
Sometimes just knowing where to look can make all the difference. Google is your friend.
Search with either "C#" or "MSDN" as the first word: "MSDN Picturebox", "C# Custom Events", "MSDN timer" etc.
How to do a good search that will get you targeted answers.

And... well all you're really saying is you want to troll the internet for other people's examples and pile them into your site so you look like you know what you're doing (maybe to use on your resume???) and can make some money off of their work. That's pretty much just piracy/plagorism of their work. I know I don't want to find my tutorials on your site; most likely without even getting credit or a link back here.

This can't be stressed enough in today's world of cell phone messaging:
Don't use txt/sms/leet/T9 speak like: u no, u r, dnt, wut i m do-n, coz, al gud, b4, ny1, and so on like this guy:

Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

THANK YOU SIR, for demotivating me.

In future, even if i wll create a blog.
I will not copy any data from any site,
i'll create my own.........

NO OFFENSE..

Even being just compltd my education, i know some things which can help newbies.
Who gave u the right to demotivate others.

Or else, go to wikipedia and search about all the millionaires etc etc etcccc....
They started from scratch....

TOP CONTRIBUTOR LIKE U IS DEMOTIVATING OTHERS........ i think sir u shld think twice...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

i nvr thought of cpyng data from any of the websites.
So be sure, whn u r wrtng something on internet.

I rlly wanted to create tutorials for some newbies.
like "how to run ur first php program"
how to run ur website using tomcat server"
etc.........
I knw these are simple tuorials,
but difficult for some who just strtd programming.....

A newbie just teached u something very important(for ur future and life)..
:bananaman: :bananaman:

Many grt ppl established thr organztns, but only some succeeded.....

If bill gates and mark zuckerberg would've thought like u............ then they must have not created microsoft and facebook....

they must be searching for any gud website and gaining reputations like u....
:hammer: :hammer:

This post has been edited by amit2011: 30 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

POPULAR

First, as to the original question. What you need to do to start your website is very simple: learn how to write a website. Begin with HTML/CSS, then pick a server-side language like PHP, ASP.NET, JSP, etc... Whichever you want will work, and there is no shortage of material available online for those. - It may be a good idea to look into things like WordPress, Jommla! and Drupal. All of those are free and mature systems for doing just what you are after. If nothing else, you can use them to review how the code for such systems is written.

tlhIn`toq is absolutely right about the "txt-speek" thing. You are talking to professionals and/or experts in their fields, who are volunteering their time to help you. Do us the courtesy of speaking to us in full sentences.

I am closing this thread now, seeing as how vague the original topic was, and how far off it we've come. - Once you've figured out which technologies you are interested in, feel free to ask more pointed questions in the appropriate forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1