Dreamweaver to Firefox...ERRORS! HELP

The height attribute of the TABLE tag is not supported.

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 3998 Views - Last Post: 13 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Dreamweaver to Firefox...ERRORS! HELP

Post icon  Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

so...I'd like to think of myself as a web designer...can design but is it the code thats making me pull my hair out.

Let me start from the beging...I have taken my sliced image from Photoshopcs2/Imageready...I place it in Dreamweaver..I start editing it where in Firefox the tables won't stay where they should be...I get many browser check errors...in the table...I find out that Firefox uses strick code and dosn't really support tables and attributes.

1. How can I fix the site in an easy efficient manor? Can I code for Firefox in Dreamweaver? and from Photoshop (where they put the images into tables)?

2.What code would I be looking for to replace tables and or the placement of information on my page? my css is limited but willing to look and find the information I need to get this right?

Thanks for you Help in Advance.
bullkid@gmail.com

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dreamweaver to Firefox...ERRORS! HELP

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dreamweaver to Firefox...ERRORS! HELP

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

Well, according to specification, table doesn't have a height attribute. If you're using image slices though, then you can control the height with the img attributes.

Also, if you're using tables, then be sure to use a transitional document type. I personally use XHTML 1.0, but HTML 4.0.1 is the most common.

Regarding table replacement: CSS is the answer. Check out this writeup:

Tables Vs. CSS - A Fight to the Death

Do be warned though; CSS certainly introduces it's share of oddities to deal with (thanks Microsoft!).

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1