1. Get rid of your credit cards. I haven't had a credit card in 10 years.
2. Cut your cable TV. Did that. Cable == gone.
3. Cut your landline phone. Did that. Landline == gone.
4. Refinance your mortgage. Can't. Don't have a mortgage.
5. Stop buying $4 lattes every day. Not a problem. I don't buy lattes. I buy K-cups.
6. Cut your cell phone bills. Did that. It's the lowest plan we can get with the Family Share thing.
7. Stop using the dry cleaners. Not a problem. Never used one in my life.
8. Don't put premium gas in your car. Didn't do this in the first place.
9. Use less water to lower your water bill. I have a well. I have no water bill.
10. Use coupons. I've started this, but a quarter here and there isn't exactly yielding amazing results.
What I'm looking for are actual ideas - relevant ideas - to save more money. So I'm wondering if any of you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions for socking away more cash - other than stupid shit like "Use one square of toilet paper" or "Eat nothing but dollar store rice for the rest of your life".
This post has been edited by BenignDesign: 01 February 2012 - 02:41 PM