8 Replies - 5077 Views - Last Post: 27 March 2012 - 09:45 AM Rate Topic: -----

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Dream.Build.Play 2012

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

So it's almost that time again and this time, things are a little more interesting with the addition of Windows Phone games. Here's a post on Aaron Stebner's blog about this potentially exciting addition to the competition this year.

Anyone planning taking a run at the competition this year? Has anyone already started working on their game yet? Any interest in a Dream.In.Code team for attempting to put together an entry?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dream.Build.Play 2012

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dream.Build.Play 2012

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Seeing as I should have my dissertation finished by next week, I should have some time for a side project.
So I might do this, just got to do my research on the competition first.
Anyone else thinking of doing this?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I've thought about it for the past 3 years running and I can never seem to find time to get anything put together to make a decent attempt at it. I would definitely love to have the time to create something for it, though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

I can't seem to find much information on dream.build.play 2012.
Has it begun?

*Edit* Actually, it doesn't matter.
I won't be able to make a xbox game as I don't have one, and it seems that they don't accept PC entries.
Good luck to those that compete :)

This post has been edited by DivideByZero: 11 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

I would love to do it, but unfortunately I don't know anyone who would be willing to provide me with quality art
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm in the same boat, bonyjoe. I can sit and write code for hours on end, but finding competent artists who would be willing to work on your projects isn't as easy as it might sound. For this reason, I've devoted a little time lately to teaching myself to become a pixel artist, and while I'm nowhere near as good as I would like to be, I can create characters that look half decent in my opinion in a Final Fantasy VI style using 16x24 sprites. I've already got a couple of them in an rpg project that I've been toying with for a little while too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm another one in the can't draw a straight line with a ruler camp. :( The code is never really an issue for me, it is always the art. I've been looking at modeling with Blender. I got a pretty cool book an creating characters with Blender and I have an art book on creating fantasy characters. I'm hoping that I can merge the two books and come up with some halfway decent characters. I'm not sure I will be entering Dream.Build.Play but if I did it would be an RPG style project, for sure. Would probably use the base code from Eyes of the Dragon for it. Another option would be to use my engine from Attack of the Deranged Mutant Snow Goons to make a run and gun side scroller.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

So I've officially decided to bust my ass in order to get a game to submit before the June 12th deadline. I've also recently started a Wordpress blog where I'm going to track my progress with regular updates and whatnot and eventually do some more tutorials for a 16-bit RPG. Feel free to stop by from time to time for updates and leave some comments. There's nothing to look at right now, so I haven't uploaded any screen shots or videos, but they will certainly be up there as soon as I get far enough to start showing off.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I've been looking at Dream.Build.Play for a while now, It'll be interesting to see someone creating an entry for it.

This post has been edited by AneXus: 27 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1