2 Replies - 483 Views - Last Post: 12 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

System Temperatures

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

I've been searching and reading for the last few hours to try and figure out my problem.

Using SpeedFan and Piriform's speccy my temperatures read:
Idling:
GPU: 55C 1024MB GeForce GTS 250 (PNY)
MOBO: 66C MSI 890GXM-G65 (MS-7642)
CPU: 62C AMD Phenom II X4 955
HD: 28C

When I put it into intense use, the temperatures get up near 80C, but I don't notice any lack in performance nor freezing. Everywhere that I have read these are really high #'s for even just idling, let alone while in use.

I have not redone the thermal paste. I have cleaned all of my fans/heatsink and removed all of the dust/lint. My case has 5x 125mm fans and there is plenty of air flow. The fan on the CPU is the default OEM.

When I first built the computer 1.5 yrs ago the temperatures were nice and cool. Over the last month I've noticed the temperatures on the CPU, GPU, and mobo have been climbing.

The fans haven't stopped working and are clean. The ambient temperature in the room is 20C to 27C. Recently have not messed with the computer in any form. No new parts, no new software(other than swtor), and hasn't changed rooms.

What could be the problem?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: System Temperatures

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: System Temperatures

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

With the computer off, flip the fans with your finger. Does it spin freely? If not, the barrings could be bad & the fans need to be replaced.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: System Temperatures

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I had this problem can check in this forum has your grf card got a fan on ? My gfx card fan was sticking. I use to play games with out knowing the fan stopped then the gfx got hard and made my motherboard hot and cpu hot.
I toke my gfx card out and my temp dropped from 60c down to 35c. My computer use to be at 65-70c at ideal then 75c when playing games.. But then i opened the side of the case thinking that more air would get in and noticed the gfx fan was cutting in and out...

Also another idea is maybe take the side of the case off and leave the case open then check your temps. If your temps go down then there is no enough air flow in the case.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1