Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Site review | ItemDex

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Site review | ItemDex

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I am not exactly sure what I am looking at... Is this an ebay clone? Amazong rip?

It had a popup box asking for my localhost login... then it jumped out of the tabbed browser and into it's own browser... not cool. The coloring is bland and not really inviting... are some issues with the 'register'/'signin' button images being broken.

The search doesn't work nor does the 'sell item' button.

I am unclear what clicking a country button does.

Terms of use and rules and conditions are not working..

I am going to jump out on a limb and say this site is barely up and functional isn't it?

I am not liking that whole column setup - categories and what not in two columns.. deals in one.. and some sort of widget thing on the right.

Over all - not happy with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Site review | ItemDex

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hey modi123,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry I forgot to mention it was more of a design, and all but one of the links are broken, due to my re-arrangement of folders and files.

I am not exactly sure what I am looking at... Is this an ebay clone? Amazong rip?

Its an auction site yes. I've never used Amazon but if im correct, they dont do peer-to-peer selling, but business-to-peer selling, but I might be wrong.

It had a popup box asking for my localhost login... then it jumped out of the tabbed browser and into it's own browser... not cool.

I've switched to PDO and it's new to me, so I'm not too sure why it is doing that.

are some issues with the 'register'/'signin' button images being broken.

The broken image should be fixed now.

I am unclear what clicking a country button does.

Its not countries, it's counties and they all point to the search page, even though it doesn't exist.

I am going to jump out on a limb and say this site is barely up and functional isn't it?

The site has never been online, and is in development. I'm a one-man army, so it's taking a while.

I am not liking that whole column setup - categories and what not in two columns.. deals in one.. and some sort of widget thing on the right.

The coloring is bland and not really inviting...

Im more of a developer than a designer, and have never been an artistic person. I prefer to code :)

But thanks for the comments anyway

Boy67
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1