Where can i download html documentation?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 6238 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Where can i download html documentation?

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Sometimes i work without internet access and i need check some tags and their attributes in HTML and i don't have any way to do it....do you know a place where i can found a downloadable html documentation?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Where can i download html documentation?

#2 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is online

• Not here as much anymore
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Where can i download html documentation?

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

You could go to whatever site you are using now, and download the page as an web archive.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 08 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 08 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

You could go to whatever site you are using now, and download the page as an web archive.

Attachment temp3.jpg

It is not useful for me because i use a lot of tags, attributes, etc (learning purposes). I'm thinking in some like java-documentation, where you have a search-bar and an index. But anyway, thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Saving a page such as w3schools isn't effective, or downloading a pdf cheatsheet?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostLemur, on 08 February 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Saving a page such as w3schools isn't effective, or downloading a pdf cheatsheet?
The problem with w3schools is that his focus is "a tutorial" and the problem with cheat-sheet is that it commonly are very short, i need a very robust API or some similar (well, in html i need references and attributes) with a very fast navigation way (like java API documentation).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Grab a sheet of paper. Write websites out from scratch, complete website frameworks and what they'll look like. Do this at LEAST twice a day. Repeat for 2-3 months minimum. DO NOT use any references when doing this, force yourself to memorize it all.

HTML is a very very easy "language" to learn, and documentation will hinder you in its case. The only reason you should ever need a reference is the finer details set forth by the W3 themselves.

I guarantee if you do this your skills will take leaps and bounds. If this is too hard for you then you really need to sit down and determine how dedicated you are to learning this fully. It takes 10 years to master something at the least, and using crutches like cheat sheets and tutorials all the time will destroy a newer designer/front developer.

I'm not being harsh, the fact stands that to be good at something you need to live it and breathe it.

I recommend a mole skin notebook that you can get at walmart for maybe 3-4$, and remember twice a day.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostLemur, on 08 February 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Grab a sheet of paper. Write websites out from scratch, complete website frameworks and what they'll look like. Do this at LEAST twice a day. Repeat for 2-3 months minimum. DO NOT use any references when doing this, force yourself to memorize it all.

HTML is a very very easy "language" to learn, and documentation will hinder you in its case. The only reason you should ever need a reference is the finer details set forth by the W3 themselves.

I guarantee if you do this your skills will take leaps and bounds. If this is too hard for you then you really need to sit down and determine how dedicated you are to learning this fully. It takes 10 years to master something at the least, and using crutches like cheat sheets and tutorials all the time will destroy a newer designer/front developer.

I'm not being harsh, the fact stands that to be good at something you need to live it and breathe it.

I recommend a mole skin notebook that you can get at walmart for maybe 3-4$, and remember twice a day.

Hey dude, your tips but the fact is that i'm searching the constant practice of programming (and you recommend me grab a sheet of paper )it's usefor for beginners but im not a beginner. I invested all my free time (hour/day) a long 3 or 4 years & i know the java, c, c++, c# fundamentals but now i want to surt on web development (and continuing improving my desktop development knowledge) and well...i need a digital material for make my own project when i am in classroom (dont have access to internet, and a pdf book is not a concentrate of information) that's the reason of html documentation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Then you know the value of memorizing, and HTML should be trivial if you already know programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Here you go, a HTML5 reference poster. But Lemur is right, HTML is not a programming language... there is no special syntax to worry about, just a few tags. Learn how they can be used semantically... read through the W3C spec if you want really advanced documentation, but it is really just a markup language.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostShane Hudson, on 10 February 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Here you go, a HTML5 reference poster. But Lemur is right, HTML is not a programming language... there is no special syntax to worry about, just a few tags. Learn how they can be used semantically... read through the W3C spec if you want really advanced documentation, but it is really just a markup language.
Ok! i'm writing some pages (testing purposes) since 2-3 weeks & its very very simple but are some aspects that interest me a lot (for example browser compatibility now that html5 comes) and its very easy to remember the tags. I check the reference poster and its very useful and pretty. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

If you are looking for something more pretty check out Periodic Table as it has just been updated to link to the W3C Spec instead of W3Schools (which is not an official W3C website).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostShane Hudson, on 13 February 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

If you are looking for something more pretty check out Periodic Table as it has just been updated to link to the W3C Spec instead of W3Schools (which is not an official W3C website).

Wow, it's beautiful. I'm hopping an offline-resource but its really looks great. Thanks

This post has been edited by innuendoreplay: 13 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Do you have an iPad? In my Web Apps seminar today I noticed one of my friends has what seems to be a very well organised very of the spec on her ipad, you could get that? I shall ask for the name.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostShane Hudson, on 13 February 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Do you have an iPad? In my Web Apps seminar today I noticed one of my friends has what seems to be a very well organised very of the spec on her ipad, you could get that? I shall ask for the name.
Yeah, i have one. Please, ask him.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Here you are, I am not sure just how good it is but it might help.

If you want a nice tangible and awesomely designed book then get the html and css book.

This post has been edited by Shane Hudson: 15 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +