{MODS PLEASE DELETE}

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1041 Views - Last Post: 11 February 2012 - 11:04 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

{MODS PLEASE DELETE}

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Due to the controversy this post has generated, I've redacted it. Mods, feel free to delete this topic.

This post has been edited by dawmail333: 11 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: {MODS PLEASE DELETE}

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: {MODS PLEASE DELETE}

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

With a quick glance at that code, I'd feel confident saying that it is from a game that I enjoy playing very much and have played almost 900 hours according to Steam. The code is definitely a complete mess for that class, and I can honestly say that I am happy the lead developer didn't take my offer to help work on the game at this point. I'd also be very surprised if any of the fellow players of this game on this site can't tell which game that code came from. It's quite obvious. You might want to be careful posting code like that around here. I'm sure the company that created it wouldn't be very happy with you sharing parts of their code base.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

a ) The developer hasn't shared any of their codebase, so I haven't shared their codebase - I've shared a decompiled piece of the final executable, which anyone could obtain anyway.
b ) IIRC, the developer has released what they have promised is the last update for the game.
c ) This decompiled code gets shared like air in certain communities.

But you're right, I've change it so it's not usable on its own, just a skeleton of what it's like.

This post is no longer relevant.

This post has been edited by dawmail333: 11 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Software Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Anyone who has played that game will easily recognize those telling strings. I won't reveal it but they really need to work on a better system because that looks like a coders hell.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

FYI, decompiled code is going to look like hell in most languages(well, decompiled Lua does at least). Java doesn't come out looking so hot either; I'm guessing the code posted was C# given Kilorn's response, I don't see why it would decompile any better than Java or Lua.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1