2 Replies - 1780 Views - Last Post: 11 February 2012 - 08:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I need help getting started with game programming in Visual C++ 2010.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hey whats up? I'm fairly new to C++ programming, but I think I've got a pretty good handle on command console programming. I really want to get into 2D game programming, but I've been having trouble getting started. In Visual Basic, it was really easy to make games without having to use any libraries or anything, unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be as easy in Visual C++. All the tutorials I've seen require you to download various libraries and use a specific IDE and just aren't very helpful. Do you know a way to program a game from scratch in Visual C++ 2010 without downloading any libraries? Also, what are some good sites to look at with good tutorials specifically for VC++ 2010. Any other helpful information would be great. I'm just kind of stuck in a pit, ready to go on, but lacking the necessary knowledge to do so. Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I need help getting started with game programming in Visual C++ 2010.

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I need help getting started with game programming in Visual C++ 2010.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

This game tutorial only requires that your version of Visual C++ has MFC (the express version doesn't by default)
The Same Game
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Duke of Err
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I need help getting started with game programming in Visual C++ 2010.

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

If you don't want to use other libraries, you may want to look at creating windows etc with WIN32 API. Then you could look at OpenGL for graphics.

theForger's Win32 API Tutorial

OpenGL with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1