4 Replies - 1064 Views - Last Post: 13 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Best water cooling cpu block

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

I was thinking of overclocking my amd cpu i have a 8 core amd fx 8120 3.1ghz processor amd3+.

My temps are real low at the moment at 30-35c at ideal and 40c when playing games.
I over clocked my cpu to 3.8ghz and was hitting 37c at ideal and 45 when playing games.
I have been looking around computer shops for water cooling items and what id need and found pumps etc but not the water cooling cpu block. A lot of shop owners have told me i don;t need water coolign because its cool all ready and water cooling will only lower it by 1 - 2c are they right ?

Also are there any cpu blocks to fit a amd3+ socket ?

I have seen them ones which have a rad and a cpu socket which are sealed but would like to water cool my hard drives to and gfx card when i upgrade in the future. I wanna try and hot the 4ghz ive stress tested it at 3.8ghz and was hitting the temp of 45 - 50c at full load and 37c at ideal and when i was web browsing.
Do i need water cooling and again are there any cpu blocks to fit a amd3+ socket ?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best water cooling cpu block

#2 GunnerInc  Icon User is online

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best water cooling cpu block

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

I use a corsair cooler for my amd. Have 2 fans on the radiator and it makes a big difference.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

yer there the ones im trying to avoid there the sealed ones im on about. There sealed ent they ? I like the ones with the see though pipe which you can add different colors to . Could i ask what temps you are getting with that ? And what chip you got ? Cores etc ? My chip runs at high voltage at standard so gives off a lot of heat ...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 GunnerInc  Icon User is online

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Do you want pretty, our to protect your investment?

Amd phenom 2 x4 955, 3.2 overclocked to almost 3.6.

Running prime 95 for about 5 mins and can't break 118 degrees f. If I pump it up to a bit over 3.9, I go up to 127

Also running games mean nothing, most processing takes place on the gpu

This post has been edited by GunnerInc: 12 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Well i think the ones which are not sealed are better because you can cool your gfx and hard driver and other things. The corsair cooler just cools your cpu i think ? And you can;t ever add to it ?So i guess my 8 core running at 40c is nothing compared to the 118 yours is running but i guess yours is so hot because you ahve 2 cpu's ? and i only have one ? So you think its best to go with the corsair cooler ? And not build my own with the pump and everything ? My cpu can be over clcoked to 3.8 and the temp only goes up by 3 - 4 degrees from 3.1ghz
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1