6 Replies - 971 Views - Last Post: 24 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

gaming website architecture

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hello, I am web developer and I want to create a web site about games, but it is my first project so I don't really know what to do in my case. I have non programming or designing question, I want your help in website architecture.

Here are my problems:

First of all I want to have some filters on my website, I want user to filter games with minimal system requirements. For example user should select minimal RAM, CPU, Graphics Card and Operating System and from these website will filter the output, but I don't know how to give them opportunity to select their wanted Graphics Card or CPU, because nowadays there are a lot of CPUs. There are Intel and AMD CPUs and so I can't just figure out what to do. I thought about 2 textbox-es 1-st will be speed (like 2.0 ghz, 2.2 ghz ...) and second cores (1x, 2x, 4x ...) is it a good idea to do such way or is it better to have a list of CPU-s and give filtered output via these list? And I have same problem about Graphics Cards.

Please help me to solve these problems and give me any information that can help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: gaming website architecture

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: gaming website architecture

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

Why would you filter based on min system specs? That seems sort of a backwards way of doing it. Honestly I don't buy games based on my current system spec - I buy games that I am interested in and tinker with my setup to get them to meet...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

it is just you who does it, but I want to give them the opportunity for filtering games the way they want. If you know which way to choose please note me, but I really want to have that filter
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Okay then.. Yes I would have two drop downs - speed in ghz and the number of cores since games rarely list a specific CPU to have.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Thank you very much for answering, and what about the graphics card? How to filter them? I am thinking about 2 textboxes 1-st number of MB-s (128mb, 512mb, 1gb ...), second version of supported DirectX or OpenGL (directx 9, 10, 11; OpenGL 3, 4)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yes.. RAM, DX#, and OpenGL requirements..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

You should also add a system age, as even if there is 2 processors with same GHz and cores, the newer one probably has tons of optimizations and more cache and stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1