3 Replies - 342 Views - Last Post: 14 February 2012 - 12:57 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

could it be as simple as this

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hi All,

I want to write some file encryption software, so I can encrypt certain files and zip folders before they are transported via portable pen drive or e-mail.

So I had this thaught and wondered if it could be so simple.

I create a form and have 2 text boxes and 2 buttons on it.

One of the buttons is a load file button that displays the file path in one of the text boxes

Then have the other button as an ENCRYPT FILE button, where I enter the password in the other texst box

Then once encryption is complete the encrypted file is saved to the computers desktop and a message box shows displaying a result (encryption complete / encryption failed)

I dont need the software to do anything more than that.

I only have a couple of days to create this app as I am starting on another project on Friday.

Has anyone created any encryption software and do they have any advise for me. (I dont want any code providing, just any tips or advise on problems that could occur)

Thanks

John

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: could it be as simple as this

• WinRT Dev
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: could it be as simple as this

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

How you done any research for this? Because it seems that you haven't. Just google "vb.net encrypt file" and you should be just fine.

Also check System.Security.Cryptography namespace:
http://msdn.microsof...yptography.aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 rgfirefly24  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

Is this for a school project or something for your work so that you can send off data to a vendor/client? If it is the second then I would suggest forgoing creating your own encryption program and using something like truecrypt. Otherwise your biggest hurdle is going to be understanding and implementing Cryptography algorithms such as SHA1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

View Postjanne_panne, on 14 February 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

How you done any research for this? Because it seems that you haven't. Just google "vb.net encrypt file" and you should be just fine.

Also check System.Security.Cryptography namespace:
http://msdn.microsof...yptography.aspx

Spent the last few hours doing research, I have not found quite what I had in mind but I have found a simple encryption program that I can add to and alter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1