Math Forum

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 2465 Views - Last Post: 14 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

• Knows all, except most.

• View blog

Math Forum

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

I think it's reasonable to say that many people here as programmers have a decent or high knowledge of math concepts. I have seen several threads having trouble on how to calculate certain things such as distance, angles, velocity, gravity, even questions like those on euler, many can be solved mathematically, where we could help them for those who would never be able to find the answer to it, while not looking it up, as usual. There are forums like physicsforum, but that is a big mess, and not specifically related to CS.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Math Forum

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Math Forum

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

We honestly don't have the traffic to really support a math forum. The CS, Software Development, Student Campus, and Game Development forums catch the math questions relevant to those fields.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

I have been thinking that, I have always found it ironic that Game Programming being a moderately big subject, is pretty much dead. But maybe most people just put it in the respective language forum. A good point never the less.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I have always found it ironic that Game Programming being a moderately big subject, is pretty much dead.

I take that as you will be participating in the rest of the 'game programming challenges'? :D
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

If I didn't have school, I maybe could of done the Evil! One. I haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time to learning though. I have made a time table now, so if I follow it every week, I get plenty of hours of learning time (I am the biggest procrasinator you'll ever find though). I'll participate in the next challenge I think I can do it. I don't want stray from my timetable though.

^^ Look forward to it

This post has been edited by Mylo: 14 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1