8 Replies - 1125 Views - Last Post: 19 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

creating table in HTML

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi,
I want to create HTML table with the fixed time slot and some theaters to book by artists and I want user to choose a table for 1 month.my question is do I need to create a table 4 times, I mean for each week or is there any thing to repeat the same table 4 times with specifying date for each week? I want to use Java+HTML+JSP+Mysql database.

thanks in advance
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: creating table in HTML

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: creating table in HTML

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

do you mean an HTML table or a MySQL table?

if it’s the latter, then no. you wouldn’t even make a table for each month. all you need is a sensible SQL query to fetch the data you need.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Actually, I want to create a small web page which is graphically represent some information.for example name of theaters and a specific time that user can book for it and days in which the booking take place .I have already created a database and i have a little experience in Java , HTML and JSP but I dont know how every thing work together so I am not sure whether I should create an HTML table to present those stuffs to users or should bring them from my database?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

the problem with the table is that you need a HTML table to show tabular data in a webpage. where the data for the HTML table comes from (or which language you use for that) is irrelevent to the webpage (and the HTML itself).

PS. Java or Javascript?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language

A markup language is one that defines certain areas as certain things, such as <b>text</b> defines text as bold. It does not perform any tasks other than this. Think of it as a structure and framework for how your information will be presented.

CSS - Cascading Style Sheet

A style language. If HTML is the structure of a house, then css is telling which part of the house goes where, what color it is, how big it is, and other such information. It controls the looks and positioning of the site.

Javascript

A client-side language capable of performing locally oriented tasks. This is where dynamic content can start coming in, but remember that client side means that the client can see all of your code.

PHP/ASP/JSP/Python/Ruby/etc

Server side languages. These programs are executed on the server machine, and the results of their completion are sent back as html to the client. Information is not viewable by the client without direct access to the server itself.

MySQL/MSSQL/Postgre/Oracle

Data base languages meant to interact with the above server side languages to store and query data of various forms, types, and sizes.

----------------

That should give you a generic rundown of the WWW.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

You can mix HTML, Ajax, PHP and MySQL to do this for you.

Create a form with a select box to select the month visitor wants to see the time table for.

You need to use Ajax for when visitor chooses the month. It sends information to your PHP or any serverside program you are using and PHP grabs relevant information from database and sends it back.
Then Ajax displays the returned information on the page.

You can implement Ajax using either javascript or jQuery. I recommend jQuery as it is simpler.

If you need more information let me know.

Thanks
Mahdi Eftekhari
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thanks,
the restriction is using mysql , jsp,javascript and java programming.I have already create my database but i dont know how to start. should I create HTML table which bring information such as name of theater and date..from database?! if you have information about jsp,can you tell me which role jsp have in web application?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostLara84, on 19 February 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

Thanks,
the restriction is using mysql , jsp,javascript and java programming.I have already create my database but i dont know how to start. should I create HTML table which bring information such as name of theater and date..from database?! if you have information about jsp,can you tell me which role jsp have in web application?

The idea is to give your visitors one or more criteria to choose from. So first you need a HTML form with select box(es).
In this case name of artist (or whatever your business requires). When visitor selects the artist then ajax sends the value of that selection to your JSP page (this is a separate file). JSP grabs information and creates table or another form or whatever you want based on those information and sends it back to your page on the fly.

Here is a good example to look at: Combo Box Using Ajax In JSP
You can modify the code in the example to suit your requirement.

Any problem let me know.

Thanks
Mahdi Eftekhari
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

AJAX is confusing jargon, that term means effectively nothing except javascript and xml. It's as bad as throwing around web 2.0.

Reread over my post of what languages do what, there's nothing IN html that would allow database access.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1