Natural Numbers In Scheme

Lists and Natural Numbers problems in scheme. Help Please.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 3214 Views - Last Post: 17 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Natural Numbers In Scheme

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

I'm a student learning Scheme and we have been learning natural numbers in class. We have already done homework assignments on them and now some advanced problems have been posted for extra credit. There are two problems that deal with natural numbers and lists in scheme. I don't understand how to do them and I am looking for guidance on these problems. I don't want someone to just give me the answer but someone who would take the time to walk me through and help me understand the problems. If you're interested in helping me just post back here or PM me your AIM address (seems to be the most efficient way to talk about the problems), thanks for your time and I really hope someone decides to help. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Natural Numbers In Scheme

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Natural Numbers In Scheme

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

Well no one can PM you since youneed to have 10 posts to use that feature.

I do not want to discourage you from our forum but I would like to point out two things.

If you allow people to help you in the forum then it will help others (and isn't that kinda the whole point of an open forum). If you are looking for "live help" there is a nice link hilighted in yellow with a red dashed line arround it where you can get such help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Natural Numbers In Scheme

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

Alright, that sounds fine. It's just that I'm really not sure where to start. I've written some code but it was terrible and didn't work for its purpose at all. So helping on the live forum is fine with me, its just going to be long and drawn out.

Problems

Let's do this. What I really need help on is getting started. I'm a little rusty on list and didn't understand them that well in the first place. So some help with total would be great, as that would help me to see the correct way and then I think I could get remove. If I'm going at this guided assistance thing the wrong way please tell me and make a suggestion of how to go about it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1