8 Replies - 1576 Views - Last Post: 20 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Why are my pic's showing up with a red x

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

It's been a while since I've been here! I'm back & need your help!
I have a website that I play games on for money. It will not show my profile picture for
very long, it disappears with a white box & a red x in the left hand corner. I am using
their upload tool. I uploaded the same pic's to my space, facebook & here as profile pic's and have no problem! Just send me in the right direction to ask for help PLEASE!!!
Thank you,
Regards,
Beegee

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Why are my pic's showing up with a red x

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Why are my pic's showing up with a red x

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I would start with contacting that site's customer service/support forums... How would we know what is wrong when don't know where it is, what's up with your image, or all those gooey good details?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

My question was for direction, just included what it was about so you could point me in
the right direction!!! Didn't ask you to fix it! BUT....if you could that would be NICE!!! It is as was stated why my profile pic which is the same file name would show up
here , myspace & facebook just fine, but On Arcadeweb it shows up as a white box with a red x in the upper left hand corner!!! Checked java, & flash settings, all updated & fine.
Just need some DIRECTION........................
Beegee
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Okay the direction is to go ask the horse itself why they won't take your file. Perhaps it's too big.. too many colors... doesn't fit a width requirement, a wrong format, or has too many kittens in it. It's hard to narrow down a guess. Like I said - go give them a hollar,.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

It is the correct size & format! It is 100x100 pixels as they indicate that their site or upload tool requires. Here I had to cut down my avatar to 64x 64. Back when I came here for hellp with html & img code, I learned that if even a space was wrong or a . in the wrong place that it would show up like that. BUT I am not writing code, just using an upload tool. And I don't have a prob. any where else uploading. I am trying to get in touch with their support, it's very hard. Just thought I could get some help here in the mean time, and not a brush off!
thankx,
beegee
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Mkay.. well it's not a brush off - just, as you said, pointing you to the right direction. If that particular image works on all other sites but this one site then clearly something is wrong with the site or how they may digest your image. Trying to guess all the myriad of reasons why their site is having problems is a bit... vast.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

We do not own the site, nor do we have any idea what methods they may be using for uploads. We are humans, and unless given enough information we cannot magically summon telekinesis to find out the exact details.

As far as a brush off is concerned, Modi is attempting to address your issue, and as I just said, you're giving little to no real details of the issue. Until such time as adequate information is provided, I highly doubt any probably solutions will come about.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

I would right click the 'red x' image & select 'view image'. If the image had the name of the image that you uploaded, cntrl+f5 or use a 2nd browser & it could be a cache issue. If it's a default image for no-member profile image, I would follow up with customer service as previously suggested.

** update ** I've renamed the title, as the topic is geared towards answering (or attempting to assist) with your question. Any questions on how to use the site should be posted under Site Questions. That would have avoided your confusion with modi123_1 trying to help with the actual problem, rather than answering your question which you posted in the title.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Does your photo follow their rules?
http://support.arcad...?questionID=172

Their rules for a pic of yourself seems fairly strict.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1