• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Dual Boot Vista and XP (Vista already installed) How to install XP onto your Vista computer Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

I have an issue While installing Windows SP3. I have burned an .iso to a cd and tried it on my desktop to reboot my computer it works perfectly fine with it. (By the way it was Xp Desktop). Now i have a Hp Laptop and i can't seem to Successfully install Windows XP onto my 2nd Partition. It somehow keeps turning off before the installation process is done and sometimes gives my the BSOD(Blue Screen of Death). But i've manage to pop in my vista recovery cd and repair my startup so everything its normal agian. Any Help? I Want Xp with my Vista.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hi William,

Need your help. My laptop is Compaq CQ45-207TU and comes with vista preinstalled. I want to dual boot it with XP PRO. I did a C drive partition (NTFS) and named the new primary partition as D(50GB). Next I put on my USB configured as boot device in BIOS to load the XP.

Then I see a blue screen with options for installing XP, but the new primary partition created for installing XP is not visible. It only shows C drive with FAT32 format, when it was selected the following options were displayed; Convert it into NTFS or continue with installation. Selecting either of them ends in error message-corrupted C Drive and prompts to press F3 to exit. Then I have to do system restore to get back to Vista.

Can you pls advice on why the new primary drive D is not appearing during XP installtion? What will be steps to install XP for a dual boot?

Thanks in advance.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

mod: removed asinine quote of the whole original tutorial..

Brilliant Tutorial! Thank you!

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 28 May 2012 - 11:20 AM
Reason for edit:: removed excessive quote

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

just sharing
I never struggled to make my netbook a dual boot or triple boot. no matter which OS is installed first. XP or 7.
Suppose that Windows XP already installed on the first partition, and we want to install windows 7 or vista on second partition. the way is to change the second partition that you want to install windows 7 or vista status as a Primary and active partition.
you can modified that partition with Easus Partition Master or similiar software.

If you've done it (make the partition you wan to to install is primary and active)
restat the computer and start booting from CD or USB and do the procedure to install the OS as usual

Posted Image

and if you want to boot with the previous OS after installing dual boot.
do the same thing as above. Make active partition that you want to run.

This way your benefit is when you want to format the first partition, then you still can boot the second partition ( the second OS )
because all the file system is located in one drive
this way is different if you make a dual boot. but does not change the status activenya first. when you format the first partition.the other OS will not be able to boot. because some system files are located on the first partition.

sorry if my post confused because I have to go ge google translate to make this post :rolleyes:

I hope this is helpful
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Posthaxing, on 15 March 2009 - 06:27 PM, said:

I have an issue While installing Windows SP3. I have burned an .iso to a cd and tried it on my desktop to reboot my computer it works perfectly fine with it. (By the way it was Xp Desktop). Now i have a Hp Laptop and i can't seem to Successfully install Windows XP onto my 2nd Partition. It somehow keeps turning off before the installation process is done and sometimes gives my the BSOD(Blue Screen of Death). But i've manage to pop in my vista recovery cd and repair my startup so everything its normal agian. Any Help? I Want Xp with my Vista.
you can try one of the following ways to install windows xp on laptop
1. Modify your Windows XP CD and add the sata drivers into the windows xp cd installer.

2. Setting bios => Looking for Sata setting in bios and change the driver Sata AHCI to IDE mode if you want to install windows XP on your laptop
and AHCI if you want to install windows vista on your laptop
IDE = For Windows XP
AHCI = For Windows Vista

Posted Image

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First