2 Replies - 2783 Views - Last Post: 08 March 2012 - 11:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

An html IDE that can 'run' ruby and display outputs?

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Is there anything out there that can do this? I'd like a sort of IRB that I can past classes and methods into, and then click a run button the way NetBeans is supposed to work (it's SO bugged on my laptop right now though it's useless). and then after I click the run button, I'd like to be able to use it exactly as irb, and type in further instructions.

Has anyone heard of something like this? I know that cloud9ide.com is trying to do this, but they only seem to have javascript working, atm.

Seems like something simple enough to build on my own, just setup a textbox and a console place and dangerously run what ever ruby code I tell it to (I don't know how to degrade it into an IRB console after the code has been run though...), but I gotta figure there's something nice and clean looking that's already been built.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: An html IDE that can 'run' ruby and display outputs?

• THE PEN IS MIGHTIER
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: An html IDE that can 'run' ruby and display outputs?

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

I had the same idea while back to develop such an IDE, but I go buried under other work and never really got pass the "hey, this is a good idea" part. I haven't much experience with many Ruby IDEs other than Eclipse and the Aptana Studio plug-in. Most of what I do with Ruby I just end up using Gedit with some sort of console plug-in. There are definitely IDEs out there that work with Ruby, but as far as a simple code-and-run IDE, I'm not particularly aware of any.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: An html IDE that can 'run' ruby and display outputs?

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

APTANA as a standalone or a plugin for Eclipse can do it

Though if you use windows I am not complete sure it can (I don't have windows so can't test it)

This post has been edited by lnc12: 08 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1