2 Replies - 2231 Views - Last Post: 25 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

index.html before index.php

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Ok so I have a small problem and wondering if anyone knows other ways to fix the issue.

I have an install of WordPress so main index is (index.php), I have created a index.html which I would like to load once first.

If I place my index.php (WordPress) install in a sub folder (site.com/blog/the wordpress install) it will work but most likely stuff up the page links which will be annoying having to go and change all the links so they direct correctly, this particular host does not allow me to just set the WordPress as a sub-file install and changes the links accordingly (some I have dealt with do).

I have attempted to use the htaccess file with
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php
- which did what it was supposed to do however it caused the wordpress index.php to become unreachable unless specifically called in the search bar.

What it needs to do is like a load index.html once then index.php there after.

Anyone know of a code/way to perform something similar?

Cheers

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: index.html before index.php

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: index.html before index.php

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Couldn't you put the code from index.html into index.php?

Perhaps loading one before the other isn't fixing the problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: index.html before index.php

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 25 February 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Couldn't you put the code from index.html into index.php?

Perhaps loading one before the other isn't fixing the problem.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I will probably end up doing something similar, however it means heavy hacking on the theme to do so and the resulted displayed page will not be as I wish it to be, the reasoning for doing it as such is to have an entry page then let WordPress deal with the rest from there after.

The index.html is just a play around with animating the background, I like development but my design/artistic ability lacks (usually I have others suggest & design and I deal with the rest).

This is an example of what I wish to load first:

index.html

It is a play around with been able to animate (so to speak) a background which is of interest to me, because the implementation is simple it is not hard to have a simple recording and loop it.

Problem is I do not wish it to happen on all pages (it would be annoying :P) so perhaps changing it from a true to false after the first run may be called for.

Thanks for the suggestion :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1