• Last »

82 Replies - 3479 Views - Last Post: 30 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Mass Effect 3

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys,

Well, Mass Effect 3 is due for release in a few days (6th for America and 8th for Australia :(). I'm surprised that there hasn't been a topic already on this game. So here I am :)

I first found Mass Effect in a Pawn shop here in Australia and I decided to purchase it for AU $15. When I got home I started playing it and started to fall in love with the story and the characters. Bioware has really done a good job on the Mass Effect series and I hope that in the future, they might find a way to introduce a new Mass Effect game, even though they have announced that Mass Effect 3 is the last of the Mass Effect trilogy :(

After I finished Mass Effect, I went straight out an purchased Mass Effect 2. Oh My God. It had a great story and really immersed me into the characters and their background. It was a wonderful 2 disc game that made me think 'I have to get Mass Effect 3' So I was in EB games and pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition :). No it's 10 days until I can join Sheppard in the fight against the Reapers.

How have your stories influenced your decisions in Mass Effect 1 & 2? Did you love Ashley in ME1 and cheat on her with Miranda? or stay faithful to Ashley ;)? I for one love Ashley and stayed faithful to her in hopes of something more in ME3 :)

All Mass Effect fans would already know this, but for anyone who doesn't, you will want to see the Take Back Earth trailer.

http://masseffect.co...74bb3bac867c5e2

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Mass Effect 3

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Mass Effect 3

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

you know, Mass Effect 1 never ran on my computer so I never got to play it and never tried Mass Effect 2. So I'm not so excited about this either :/

This post has been edited by ishkabible: 26 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Aww that's a real shame. That's why you should become a Console warrior ;) Xbox 360 for life... or until the next xbox console

This post has been edited by aaron1178: 26 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Looks good, gonna have to get it. Console games... and miss out on things to type into the console? PC all the way.. On a side note, I hate those dam select your age... Have to scroll too far down for my year LOL
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Aww that's a real shame. That's why you should become a Console warrior ;) Xbox 360 for life... or until the next xbox console

Meh, I have total war :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Haha :) That is true, like on Skyrim '~ -> TGM' :) Though I only like consoles because my piece of shit rig wont run anything :'(.

I selected my age, now it won't let me in :( Unless I use Firefox's Private Browsing... or another browser :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Clear out your cookies.

Also Origin, yuck.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Very cool!!! Playing the demo now and it is a cool game. A bit too fast paced for 3D though, gave me a headache. Thanks for the heads up, will buy it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

I really like the fast pace :) I think that is more for the demo rather than actual gameplay... I hope :) I'll let you know in 10 days :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Watcher Outside Your Window

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

well i cant wait for mass effect 3 :D i loved 1 & 2 and my love was Liara T'Soni :D

also i'm pretty sure bioware said mass effect 3 would be Shepard's last game... i have feeling there will be more games set in the same universe.. bioware wont let that money mint die so easily :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dovakiin, Dragonborn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

View Poststrawhat89, on 27 February 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

also i'm pretty sure bioware said mass effect 3 would be Shepard's last game...

Yes, I remember seeing that. I just meant that hopefully they mean 'We will do other Mass Effects, but we are not announcing anything yet' kind of thing. One can only hope.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Watcher Outside Your Window

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Aaha!! Chance to quote Shawshank

Remember Aaron, hope is a good thing,maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies

;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

I just finished ME 1 a month ago. Great story. I plan on picking up ME 2 in the next month or so.

Hopefully they get away from ME and go back to making actual RPGs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

The most unfortunate thing about ME3 is the fact that it's being monetized in a disgusting number of ways. Day 1 DLC, two iOS apps with their own DLC, a very pricey keyboard (with it's own DLC)...the only way to own this game completely is to spend literally hundreds of dollars.

The Day-1 DLC is the most upsetting of all. This isn't content that they almost had ready for Gold, and had to move to DLC to polish it. This is content that they had finished (because it's included in the collector's edition), and removed from the game to sell it for extra money the day of launch. It makes me miss the days of consoles that didn't connect to the internet. Whatever was on the cartridge was the game you got and played. They couldn't release half a buggy game and patch in fixes and updates, and sell you the other half after you bought the first.

I'm OK with the concept of DLC. In fact, ME2's DLC was fine. They had Day-1 DLC as well, but anyone who bought a copy of the game got that. It was an effort to get more first-party sales, and to recoup the losses from people who buy used games. But this is different. This is arbitrarily adding $10 on to the price of the game. And that's irritating.

And disappointing too, because ME2 was honestly one of my favorite games. I had 70 hours in that game, way more than any other single player shooter. ME1 was good, but ME2 was great. ME3 will probably be good too, but EA's filthy fingerprints are smudging it somewhat.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

I discovered the ME series in a way similar to the OP. I instantly got hooked and played through the first two games. The week I heard ME3 was announced I went to reserve my Collector's Edition copy! I've been waiting anxiously for months!

I really enjoy the demo as well. It makes the game look very promising. Bioware/EA also did a great job putting together the multiplayer (or what I've seen in the demo), though I have had some connectivity issues. The classes and races are varied and even with only two levels and one enemy type, I feel like I haven't really been bored with it yet.

I have two main play-throughs so far. A soldier and a sentinel. On my soldier I went the pure paragon route, saved Kaidan, had some fun before the first end of the world with Liara, and then cheated on her with Miranda. On my sentinel I went pure renegade, saved Ashley, and had my relationship with her (didn't start a new relationship in ME2).

I have also started a third play-through with a more "middle of the road" character. Just doing what I feel like on a whim. Kill the rachni? Sure! Promote illegal business practice? Sure! Kill the crazy killer doctor? Nah!

Summary: Can't wait til the 6th!

P.S. I also thought the game launch into space was a cool idea, though I heard a police officer got the one in NY because he used his lights and sirens to rush to the house! >_<

This post has been edited by SpartanGuy07: 27 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »