2 Replies - 9749 Views - Last Post: 29 February 2012 - 02:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Connecting Visual Basic 2010 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express via IP

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hi there Dream in Code Community!

Im an okay programmer as far as skill right now I am still learning as we all are I need some help from some experienced VB.NET programmers in the community, I appreciate any and all help. Thanks
Here is the scoop:

I am trying to make a user account SQL database work with Visual Basic 2008 Express for login purposes, i.e. usernames & passwords.
Plan is to host this server so people can login to use the the application and verify they have a valid account. I would like to host all the account information in SQL due to the possiblity of hundreds of users at any given time. I also need the ability to add data to the database for users registering for the first time. The SQL server will need to be able to access the SQL Server databases remote via WAN. I dont know where to start where to find the documents with the correct information specifically for the needs of this project. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks again!

-Ryan

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Connecting Visual Basic 2010 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express via IP

• Catch me As Exception
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Connecting Visual Basic 2010 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express via IP

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Assuming you have a knowledge in SQL, apart from basic form creating and stuff in VS, you'll need to know ADO.NET. That's how applications work with databases. Here's a good tutorial on that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Critical Section
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Connecting Visual Basic 2010 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express via IP

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

ya we have a lot of tutorials here for database connection, check the vb.net tutorial part:
But also if you need to look for the appropriate connection string for your work always look:
www.connectionstrings.com
Select from the list of servers and DBMS
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1