• « First

46 Replies - 11447 Views - Last Post: 27 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Tattoos and Piercings in the Workplace

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

View Postanonymouscodder, on 27 June 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

View PostDuckington, on 26 June 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

From the sounds of it, American companies/institutions have much stricter rules than over here.

I don't see how what someone wears or what colour their hair us, or what they want drawn on their body affects how they do their job, especially not this sort of job. Places that have these ridiculously strict rules aren't somewhere I would have any interest in working.

Posted Image

What if it is a pretty good job with a good salary near your home and good for you career?

Well then it's up to the individual in question. If you need the money and you feel you can stomach your displeasure and abide by their rules, then fine.

I understand the argument that some of it may not appear "professional", especially if you've got your face covered in tattos and piercings and you're delivering a lecture or something, but working behind a computer 99% of the time, i feel it's irrelevant what you look like. And when it comes to hair colour, I don't buy that argument at all. Who is to say that all of sudden the colour brown or black or yellow is more professional than the colour pink or the colour green? What the hell is "professional" even meant to mean in that sense? It's absolute nonsense enforced by people with a permanent stick up their arse.

This post has been edited by Duckington: 27 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Tattoos and Piercings in the Workplace

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Or maybe professionalism is about not being disruptive or too out of norm in a certain environment. As a stage hand I'm expected to wear black clothing. They could care less about peircings or tattoos as long as they don't interfere with work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First