2 Replies - 2253 Views - Last Post: 02 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Errors in xcode?

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to follow some sample code in a book on objective C. I'm coming from C++ and it's been a little complicated figuring out the differences, but once you get over a few things it makes more sense.

I recently got a new laptop and installed a fresh install of xcode 4.2 (snow leopard) so I don't think there's anything wrong with the program. Anyway, here's a screenshot of the code along with the errors I'm getting. This is straight copy/paste from the ebook so I'm not sure what's going wrong here. I was going to mess around with the code. any ideas?

Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Errors in xcode?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Errors in xcode?

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

A little bit more information. The code runs on another macbook pro (one of the latest ones) with Lion. I'm on a 2006 macbook pro model (core duo, 32-bit) running snow leopard. Compiles fine on the other MBP with no errors. Any ideas?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Errors in xcode?

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

ermmm.... I think your interface, implementation, and main code need to be in separate files (unless you have done this for the purpose of displaying on these forums).

I have noticed that sometimes I have to exit Xcode and re-enter it for it to reconize methods I have declared in header and implementation files.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1