4 Replies - 884 Views - Last Post: 02 March 2012 - 09:12 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Do You Know Any Fun Programming Games Based on C++?

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hey. I've been looking up programming games (not to be confused with wanting to program a game) like C++Robot and stuff like that. All of them seem really outdated and I can't find download links anywhere. Do you know any good, recent games that use C++? Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: Do You Know Any Fun Programming Games Based on C++?

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Do You Know Any Fun Programming Games Based on C++?

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean to be honest. Do you mean games involving C++ as part of the actual game play? If you could provide a link or reference for "C++Robot", it may help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'm guessing it's a game where you program an AI in C++ (using an API provided by the game) and then let that AI control a robot battling against other players' AIs in a tournament. Games like that exist for various languages. Though I don't know any examples for C++ from the top of my hat, so I can't really contribute to this thread other than explaining what the OP wants.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

This makes me wonder if this would be possible for D.I.C. to create there own set of libraries to play this type of game :shuriken:

I believe it could be used to help educate people who are new to game programming for example, D.I.C. could provide header files, that could be used to design A.I.
I have had to do this in a few of my 3D programming classes to get use to how things like DirectX 11 shaders, textures, decals, matrix's, cameras ect...
I would personally be interested in something like this for OpenGl, or some other cross platform or portable libraries. In other words disinclude win 32.

This post has been edited by Toadill: 02 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Googling a bit, I found this : http://en.wikipedia....rogramming_game with some external links like http://www.dmoz.org/...gramming_Games/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1