• (3 Pages)
  • +

31 Replies - 1779 Views - Last Post: 06 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: WinLockPro: Project Advice & review

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostGunnerInc, on 05 March 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Once the install is complete, ask if the user would like to check to see if a newer version is available and give them the option to download.

Never force an update on a user. Lets say I am using version 2 of your program and you are now up to version 7, don't force me to update. I might like everything about version 2 and don't need whats in version 7.

Add an option in settings to check for newer version every x days/months/years and if newer version, show whats new and give the user the option to download the update. It should always be the users choice not yours.

Oh, and it did crash on me after clicking on the icon in the notification area.

I already fixed that issue.Now the user can decide whether or not he/she wants the program to check for updates.
And im afraid i can't find any reason as to why the program crashes on your computer.
I updated the security modules and the coding again.Please be sure to try out version 9 when it is released.
Any other suggestions?
Im trying to achieve the look and feel of the Windows 8 lock screen and login screen.
What more should i add to the program?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: WinLockPro: Project Advice & review

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Here's a link to the official Version 8 video.

Please give me your ideas on how i can develop my software and how i can reach a greater audience.
Thank you :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +