1 Replies - 1044 Views - Last Post: 05 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make text to scroll from left to right within a given area?

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi

I have been looking for some info in how to make the text schroll/move, and I found out that the element <marqueen> makes this happend. However, this element is not supported in visual Studio, so I was thinking if any VS web developers have a solution, since it was not possible for me to find any.

So basically, I want the text to scroll from left to right within a given area. Anyone?
Thanks

This post has been edited by Atli: 05 March 2012 - 02:45 PM
Reason for edit:: Thread title edited for clarity. Please use meaningful titles that describe the question.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make text to scroll from left to right within a given area?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make text to scroll from left to right within a given area?

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostAOM_Set, on 05 March 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

and I found out that the element <marqueen> makes this happend. However, this element is not supported in visual Studio

There is a good reason for that. The <marquee> element was never a part of the actual HTML standard, and even though the browsers allowed it, the effect was always pretty poor. (All jittery.) It's been slowly going extinct the last few years. - I wouldn't recommend using it.

Instead, if you insist on using an effect like that (which I wouldn't recommend either, as it's generally very distracting/annoying to have things scrolling across the screen while you're reading the rest of the page) you should consider using Javascript to emulate it. There are plenty of scripts out there that can do that. There is also a style for it in the CSS3 specification, but last I checked none of the major browsers supported it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1